Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sealcheif Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2007, 08:14 AM
    Montgomery Ward lawn tractor mystery!
    I need help identifying this machine. The oddity is this: two data stickers on this machine, one has the serial number field filled by 361, the other sticker has the model number G/L3352A, or GIL3352A. The model number sticker is on the front blade mount, and the serial number sticker is on the side of the operators panel. It is light yellow and cream colored, 42 inch 3 blade belly deck. The mower has Variable Speed 16 on both sides of the front. It has a 16 horse Briggs single cyl. In front. I can supply more details about the appearance if needed.
    shelby19 Posts: 6, Reputation: 0

Jul 17, 2008, 08:12 AM
    Is that like the ones they sell at tractor supply
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2008, 11:10 PM
    Can you upload a picture?
    mpt5045 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2008, 07:35 PM
    I think I know what kind of tractor it is if the model number starts with gil then it's a gilson montgoumery ward tractor gilson is the make

If you could send me a pic or 2 I could tell you for sure what it is my e-mail is [email protected]
    mwgilson Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2011, 06:29 PM
    It's a Gilson. Gilson garden tractors and mowers were made for and bearing Montgomery Ward stickers. The GIL is what tells you it's a Gilson. I bought a beat up Mont. Ward (Gilson) with a nearly blown 16hp Briggs twin cylinder motor and had a new 18hp Kohler twin cylinder put on it. The tractor is puke yellow with a white hood. It came with a snowblower, 42 inch mower deck, utility trailer, and lawn sweeper. With the new motor, I have about $2500 into it. It needs a paint job but works wonderful. I'd sell it for $2000.
    mwgilson Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2011, 06:34 PM
    Comment on mwgilson's post
    The above Mont Ward Gilson model # 33418 A
    The serial # is 9172A1 with the number (102) spaced a bit away from the serial number.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Montgomery Ward riding mower won't start [ 13 Answers ]

Hello, I am new to the site. Hopefully this isn't a repeat post. I thought that I had posted before, but I can't find it. Nonetheless, here is the question. I have an older year Montgomery Ward ridding lawn mower with a B&G 12.5 I/C engine. Last season it went out on me at the end of the season. I...

Squeaky Montgomery Ward clothes dryer [ 1 Answers ]

Our 16-year-old Montgomery Ward dryer, Signature 2000 model # FFT-7589-80B, has developed a very high-pitched squeak that starts a minute or so after we start it up. I have replaced the felt pad with spacers (between the door and the drum) to no avail. The front panel is a solid panel, and the...

Montgomery Ward riding mower rebuild [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Montgomery Ward riding lawn mower with a PTO shaft driven roto-tiller attachment. It is a 16 Twin 656 cc. Model 33420.. I am trying to finding service manual(s) so I can rebuild it. The engine runs but the wiring has been cut spliced and or removed.

Old Montgomery Ward riding mower [ 1 Answers ]

We are trying to fix this old riding mower that we just acquired and we can't seem to figure out how the mower deck goes on. If anyone can give detailed instructions that would be great.

View more questions Search