Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Michelle217 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2007, 11:27 PM
    Credit card debt
    Hi,
    I lost my job an I;m being sued for credit card debt what do I do?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 20, 2007, 01:16 AM
    Assuming that you are going to get another job soon, I would try the following. Call the credit card company and see if you can negotiate a payment plan that you can afford. I would also have a witness on another phone at the same time on the same line as you, and tell the credit card representative that you have someone else on the line.

I recently was able to negotiate with a credit card company for a payment plan that I could afford. They also agreed to take the interest rate way down.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Credit Card Debt - How to Get out of IT? [ 12 Answers ]

I have a large credit card debt of $26000+ on a single card, and a few debts of $900-$1450 on three other cards. I am on a student fellowship, so I don't get very much money each month, but I really need to get out from under this debt - this month the interest rate seems to have drastically...

Is credit card debt open account debt or a written agreement debt? [ 16 Answers ]

I am currently fighting a credit card debt action filed against me by Unifund. The issue is whether credit card debt is open account debt subject to 3 year SOL in the State of Washington or a written agreement debt subject to 6 years. I asked the same question on another forum and received an...

Credit card debt [ 1 Answers ]

Can novation be used legally to eliminate credit card debt

Credit card debt [ 1 Answers ]

My providian credit card (which is now Washington mutual) has been sent to a collections agency. I have spoken to the agency and am willing to pay $100.00 a month to pay off my debt of $1,400. The agency is constantly trying to get me to send more than the $100.oo which is all I can afford at this...

Credit Card Debt [ 4 Answers ]

My Mother is 85 and in poor health. She has about $30,000.00 in credit card debt. Due to increased medical bills, perscriptions and her mobil home rent increase she is not able to pay these bills. She has no assets, and her only income is her SS monthly check. Several credit card companies have...

View more questions Search