Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Paola_17 Posts: 21, Reputation: 0

May 19, 2007, 07:42 PM
    More Confused the Ever
    so me and this guy have been together for a month and about 4 days...when we hang out together its great...(couldn't be better) but then when we go our separate ways...everything starts to fall down. meaning that i basically have to be ALL UP ON HIM... calling, texting him and writing cute letters that come from my heart. i really care about him. and until this day i have no dought that me and him are meant to have something together.

what i'm confused about is that i keep asking him why doesnt' he calls me? and he gives me this BS saying that he's depressed and he doesnt want to make me depressed....WELLLLLL he's making me depressed by not calling at all. and every time i call him, it seems like he wants to rush me off the phone saying that he's going to call me later but never does. so what should i do?? i really need some advice...because im trying to make this work but sometimes it seems like im the only one trying. :(
    Stunning07 Posts: 193, Reputation: 25

May 19, 2007, 07:51 PM
    Listen I'm sorry to say but the more you call and text this person the more you annoy him the more he wants space, My GF use to do that to me all the time, and it was so annoying, it does't seem like it but, he actually likes you doing that, annoying him, its human nature, he has all your attention, ever since I my girlfriend stopped annoying me... I stratered doing what she did so I'm basically in your shoes, and I'm training myself to quit bugging! Her! Its hard because they don't understand but learn to be mysterious and show him your busy give it two weeks and he will act the way you want him to, I'm telling you that because it happened to me. And other people I know good luck

May 19, 2007, 07:58 PM
    Thanks so much!!!!.... i really appreciate it....the only thing that im afraid about is that he gets kinda upset when i dont call him...and he starts telling me that i dont show him enough attention.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 19, 2007, 08:10 PM
    He likes what your doing, but doesn't want to do it back. Guess he figures you do enough for you both. Not very equal, but who am I to judge.

May 19, 2007, 08:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    He likes what your doing, but doesn't want to do it back. Guess he figures you do enough for you both. Not very equal, but who am I to judge.
    yea i think your kinda right....so maybe i should do what u told me and stop calling and texting him....and if he complains then i'll tell him that he doesn't show me enough attention either. but let's just hope everything works out.

May 19, 2007, 08:39 PM
    No don't tell him that! Just do the exact thing he does with his pathetic excuses... that's all paly his game
    AW805 Posts: 283, Reputation: 43

May 19, 2007, 08:53 PM
    Its only been a month - why get so intense? Stop calling and texting so much. Whether you're a guy or girl - that's enough to push anyone away.
    Emerald19 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2007, 09:36 PM
    Ya the last person is right. Trust me don't rush things and play the field because all your going to do is stress yourself out for nothing. When you guys hang out hang out when you don't you don't. Don't trip over this if it doesn't play in your favor talk to someone else. Always keep your options open

May 20, 2007, 04:33 AM
    but is not like im callin or textin him 24/7 ....i only call him once a day and if he doesnt pick up then i text him sayin that i miss him...that's all i do. the thing that bothers me is that i always have to call or else we wont talk.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 20, 2007, 05:50 AM
    thing that bothers me is that i always have to call or else we wont talk.
    If he can't give a little to get a little, thats a red flag that he is selfish or controlling. Talk to him about your concerns and if he refuses to change and accommodate your feelings, you have two options, rethink the relationship, or stop texting. Sometimes the only respect you get are the ones you demand.

May 20, 2007, 07:34 AM
    ACTION SPEAKS LOUDER THAN WORDS YOU NEED TO START! Today ill start with you, don't argue don't fight simply do what he's doing play it off smart

May 20, 2007, 10:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunning07
    ACTION SPEAKS LOUDER THAN WORDS YOU NEED TO START! today ill start with you, dont argue dont fight simply do what he's doin play it off smart
    thanks so much.... i guess we are both going to be playing the same game.

May 20, 2007, 12:02 PM
    Yes its very hard especailly since were going to be the ones that are holding it in...

May 20, 2007, 04:21 PM
    this is hard...i havent called or texted him all day
    diya Posts: 303, Reputation: 62

May 20, 2007, 05:22 PM
    I think you're going overboard with the whole thing... and scaring the guy away. Just one month, and you expect things to be falling in place as you desired. Honey, it doesn't work that way. You know something, if you want to be respected and want this guy to be with you for a longer period, then take my advice... please try to get to know him with little slow moves... he doesn't call or text is only because he might be trying to see the depth of waters. Either way you'll be the loser. If he guesses u're too deep into it already, then he would know he has you to empower control, and his chase charm would also vanish... so this is going to be fatal again. IF you want to retain this guy, make the right moves... with dignity... DON'T SHOW EMOTIONS(which u're already doing by constantly texting and calling) and trust me, will be manipulated later on.

Forcing him one way or the other to call / text may result in some serious pain. If he wants to, he will. Just give him space, and give him time. But don't be all depressed either because that'll get you no where. Act okay with things, and be okay with things. CALM DOWN. Breathe, and be okay.

May 20, 2007, 05:27 PM
    Thanks for the advice.....what do i do if he calls or texts???...should i act like im busy?? when i really have been waiting for him to call all day long.....but just try not to show it?? help needed =[
    diya Posts: 303, Reputation: 62

May 20, 2007, 05:43 PM
    When he calls, say" yeah we can talk for 2 min and then I need to do something very urgent" and hang up precisely after the initial few min... show you have other things to do as well... it's human nature, when we get attention, we take it for granted... and that's precisely what your b/f is doing... I repeat... it's too early for you to wait for anyone's calls... u're putting your life on hold for an uncertain future with someone you hardly know. If you stay normal and concentrate on knowing him more than jumping onto things, you'll never have to write a post on BReak ups here... later on that is..!

May 20, 2007, 05:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by diya
    When he calls, say" yeah we can talk for 2 min and then I need to do something very urgent" and hang up precisely after the intial few min....show you have other things to do as well....it's human nature, when we get attention, we take it for granted...and that's precisely what your b/f is doing.....I repeat....it's too early for you to wait for anyone's calls....u're putting your life on hold for an uncertain future with someone you hardly know. If you stay normal and concentrate on knowing him more than jumping onto things, you'll never have to write a post on BReak ups here...later on that is....!!!
    THANKS SO MUCH.....that was really helpfull.... :)

May 21, 2007, 04:28 PM
    i have another problem...would anyone like to help?

May 21, 2007, 09:31 PM
    Wahts that problem let it out

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Confused [ 12 Answers ]

I am a singlefemale who has been seeing a married male pshycologist for 2 and a half years due to a workplace injury.We are now becoming sexually involved. What should I do.I think I may be getting more involved than I should be, our feelings have gone well past the ethics of his profession.I...

Confused [ 19 Answers ]

I am a 21 year old girl going out with a 24 year old guy for 2yrs. He says he Loves me and I love him, but sometimes I get scared because I feel that he is going to cheat on me. The reason I feel that way is because when we go out to bars.. he gets drunk and starts complementing other women...

Really Confused [ 5 Answers ]

Okay, I have a baby boy with this ex of mine she well not let me see him or anything and I'm paying childsupport and trying but she won't ansewer any calls or any type of communication I'm trying. She has a soon to be husband and you know the fairy tail life and I can't see him so I was wondering...

Confused [ 7 Answers ]

Hey.. okay I'm going to start with me and my boyfriend broke up like 2 months ago we went out for over a year and the beginning I didn't know what I wanted I was so confused because I had just got out of a bad relationship and I didn't want to get hurt but over time he grew on me and I realized...

Confused about everything [ 2 Answers ]

Im 14 and I'm confused lately. I have been beating on myself lately that I might be gay. I think it is mind games because I never had the thought at all, but I'm not sure. I am always shy around girls and I think I am more afraid to try and get a girlfriend or something because then I would have to...

View more questions Search