Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jacrei2000 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2007, 11:51 AM
    Water behind the pool liner
    Hi,
    My pool company just opened my pool this week. There is a section of the liner that has water behind it. I was told that since there has been a lot of rain this year I need to add more dirt and mulch in some areas so that water can't get into the liner. They said that the water behind the liner will recede on its own. Will it? Will the liner shrink in the meantime?

Thanks!

Doreen
    serendipity pools Posts: 73, Reputation: 6

Jun 15, 2007, 11:24 AM
    Hi there,

The weight of the water in your pool will eventually push the water back out from under your liner once the wet weather decreases. This is totally normal for your like and should not cause any wrinkles in your pool. On occasion if you liner is floating severely you can experience wrinkles when the liner stretches back into place, but this is a cosmetic issue only.

In terms of adding multch or dirt to your yard - this will not make any difference. In order to change the water table and path of least resistance of the water in your backyard you need to undertake major landscaping and drainage line installation in your yard.

I hope this information is helpful.

Steve Goodale
    Serendipity Pools

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Reusing a 5 year old pool liner [ 6 Answers ]

We just bought a 27' round above ground pool that is five years old. We are wondering what the story is on just using the liner that was in it? Of course they had to drain it so we could disassmble it. And I "heard" that once you drain it, you can not use that old liner, but why not? I'm 90%...

In round pool liner beading and coping [ 1 Answers ]

I uncovered my in ground pool to find the liner beading has come away from the pool wall groove in several spots around the pool. Is there a way to repair this ? Thanks

Water behind inground pool liner [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, About 2 and 1/2 years ago we had a new inground vinyl pool liner professionally installed. Ever since then, when we go to open the pool in the spring--we find the liner bubbled up & out in most of the low end of the pool and on the sides of the deep end. We have to take a part of the liner...

Pool, spitters or over pool jets of water [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me where to find the spitters that send streams of water over the pool. Thanks, Judy

View more questions Search