Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Toddcindy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2007, 10:24 AM
    What is the salary of an underwater welder?
    What is the salary of an underwater welder?
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

May 19, 2007, 11:13 AM
    Depending on your experience and expertise, you can easily earn over $100,00.00 per year. Starting, probably $25,000.00 a year. It is going to depend on your location also.

Taking the Plunge - A guide to Starting an Underwater Welding Career
    Underwater Welding
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 19, 2007, 11:45 AM
    We get this questin a few times a year, Actually most don't make the very large money.

There are many factors, years experience, which company you are working for, are you doing river, pond, or ocean, If you are in the ocean what deep are you working at.

The work is very hard, and most new welders don't make it out of the first year, I understand the turn over is about 70 percent. Part of the reason you are working in very bad work conditions, most of the boses are not very good ( from what I have read) And the pay differes from on call, standby and actual underwater. You may not actually be underwater that long a day, The highest pay is nromally for the actual underwater time.

But yes the 25,000 he mentioned is not that unusual for a new diver to start.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Home country salary from US salary [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am a L1 visa holder from india and was working in Massachusetts from aug 2005 to dec 2005 as a contractor from my original company in india. I used to receive the US salary from aug 2005 to dec 2005 for which I have the W2. During the same period I also used to receive my indian...

Salary of underwater welder [ 14 Answers ]

how much does this profession earn in a year? salary and hourly rate? :confused:

Underwater welder salary [ 3 Answers ]

Can someone tell me how much money underwater welders make in average. I know it's a wide range but I would like to know all the answers you come Up with. Or where I can find more information on the pay proceedures.

Underwater welding [ 6 Answers ]

Does anyone know how much I can make as an underwater welder I heard you make $850 an h/r on a off shore rig, dive an hour and get paid for 8. that's 6800 a day. I am going to go to school for it,can I make that when I get out. Can I become a millionare?? Were is the most money?

View more questions Search