Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Patty_Torres57 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2007, 09:57 AM
    Living Trust
    My mother passed in September of 2006 and my sister is the executor of the living trust, I would like to know what my rights are as one of the beneficiaries of the estate. By that I mean, can I ask questions, (financial), get a disclosure, or am I just to sit and wait for her to execute the will? Thank you...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 19, 2007, 12:29 PM
    Why has it not already been into probate? Was the entire estate put into a living trust ?

But you are entitled to ask questions and if you don't get any answers hire an ttorney to investige and to represent you at the probate to be sure it is done properly. ( and on larger estates should be done)
    RichardBondMan Posts: 832, Reputation: 66

May 20, 2007, 06:02 AM
    Commonly a living trust does not have an "executor" rather it has a "trustee" to manage the assets of the trust. Once the person trustor passes, the person managing the trust assets is called a "succesor trustee". An excutor is normally one who is named as executor of a deceased person's estate and that executor is charged with gathering all estate assests and dispersing them according wishes of the deceased as they laid out in their will. Living trusts are created for variious reasons and one is to avoid having trust assets being included in their estate after their death. I point this out since you mention "living trust", "executor" and that you mother is now deceased and to point out that their perhaps are two legal but different methods (living trust & will) she apparently chose to manage her assests both before and after her death. Thereofore, you may want to claifiy or be sure whether you have any inheritance(s) due you from each, the trust and her estate as outlined in her last will and testament. As to your specific questions as to your rights to disclosure, etc, those questions perhaps need to answered by an attorney. The purpose of my answer is not to give you firm answers, just to give you some insight into your concerns so that you are better able to approach an attorney with good questions.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rights in Viewing Will/Living Trust [ 2 Answers ]

I have a friend (female) that was living with a guy for over a year and between them they had a child. The guy found out that he had cancer so he assured my friend that he would make sure that there was a fund set aside for his daughter. The guy died a week ago. There was no mention in the obituary...

Will vs. Living trust [ 5 Answers ]

My mother in law passed away in Aug. 2006, she left 3 surviving adult children. She died in Ill. But was a resident of Ohio. She had a will that contained nothing because she left everything in her living trust. According to the will her oldest daughter whom she was visiting when she passed was...

Revocable Trust (Grantor) Trust w/3rd party trustee [ 2 Answers ]

It was my understanding that if a grantor set up a revocable trust and a third party (let's say a bank) was named as trustee, the trustee was required to file a Form 1041. I am unable to locate any IRC or other guidance that would confirm or deny this. Please help. Thank you. Diana

Transferring property to a revocable living trust [ 3 Answers ]

I would like to transfer three properties that my husband and I own jointly. We set up a revocable trust and now we want to fund that trust with our property and other things. What type of Deed would I use to transfer these properties from our names to our trust. Can you provide me with the...

Jealousy, Trust & Living apart [ 1 Answers ]

I have been seeing my boyfriend for 2.5 years now. I used to work with him and did not realise he had a girlfriend the first time he asked me out. After the 2nd date (when he told me), I was already hooked. He said his last relationship was a brother/sister relationship and that the lust had...

View more questions Search