Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jm160195 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2005, 08:12 AM
    Supreme Court
    Is it time to get rid of the Supreme Court? Why or why not? What would replace it?
    HANK Posts: 98, Reputation: 5

Apr 29, 2005, 02:07 PM
    For roughly the first 135 years of its history, the key role assigned itself by the Supreme Court was to be what was sometimes called the "umpire of the federal system." Over the past fifty years or so, the formalities of federalism have dropped into the background, to be succeeded by concern with the limits of governmental power on individual rights or, more recently, the duties of government to provide resources necessary to the individual's full enjoyment of these rights. What has remained constant throughout this period is the controversial status of the Court whenever it has attempted to resolve the great issues of the time. For this reason I am dubious about its function as a needed entity!

HANK :(

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Court adjournment [ 7 Answers ]

After a trial or hearing, does the judge have to dismiss and adjourn the court? What is the proper procedure when the court have finished with the business at hand? What are the results if the judge fails to dismiss and adjourn the court? Will the Court consider the case still open? ...

Advice before court? [ 8 Answers ]

This is kind of an update on a thread I started before. I had written about my fiance's ex not giving him his visitation and that my fiance' hasn't seen or spoken to his daughter since April. My fiance' calls weekly to try to talk to his daughter, but his ex never answers. Well for some reason, she...

Nonattendance at court [ 2 Answers ]

To Whom Can Help And Answer My Questions I Was Working For United Air Lines For Almost 5 Years ,I Have Been Working Very Hard Almost 16 Hours Per Day And My Background Is Middle Eastern ( Although I Am Usa Citizen )so While I Was Working I Was Treated Unfairly By Some Of My Supervisors And I...

Going to Court [ 10 Answers ]

I have a question, I am going to court for a debt with a law office regarding a credit card that I have been paying since last July. I have sent letters to the law office stating that I owe the debt and that I intend to pay it and have been paying each month. They wanted a certain amount I did...

Supermarionation - Supreme Puppetry! [ 6 Answers ]

The work of Gerry and Sylvia Anderson in a long series of puppet shows culminating in the unforgettable "Thunderbirds" is woefully underappreciated and the skill and craftsmanship has never been surpassed. Arguably the figures used in "Captain Scarlet & The Mysterons" when advanced technology...

View more questions Search