Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    boblaw42 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2007, 07:54 PM
    Algebra one
    How do I do multiplying rational expressions?
    abunaiki Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2007, 08:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by boblaw42
    How do I do multiplying rational expressions?
    Multiplying Rational Expressions
    This is a page that should help. I'm not sure what else to do for you without a direction
    Dave O Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2007, 09:37 AM
    Here is an excellent discussion of rational numbers. --> Rational number - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia do you have a speciific question?
    Fractions are multiplied by multiplying both numerators together and putting that over the two denominators multiplied together. Then you reduce the two parts to lowest terms by factoring out all common factors. (if both the numerator and denominator are even, divide by 2) Dividing fractions is similar except you invert the divisor before multiplying. For adding and subtracting, you need common denominators before you begin. A simple way to do this is to multiply the first fraction by the second fraction's denominator and multiply the second fraction by the first's denominator. After both denominators are the same, add the two numerators and place the sum over the common denominator. Then reduce to lowest terms.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Algebra [ 3 Answers ]

how do you solve graphing equations ?

Algebra [ 1 Answers ]

can anyone answer this? Find two consecutive even integers such that the square of the smaller is 10 times more than the larger. Thank you

Algebra II help [ 4 Answers ]

I am stuck on the equations with division like this one 4x+4/2=3(x+2)-2 my brain locks up and I have no idea how to get rid of the fraction and I know that is what I should do first right?? some one please help me Zak:(

Algebra [ 1 Answers ]

simplify 1.(x^m+2)(x^-2)(x^m-5)

View more questions Search