Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cdhoskins Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2007, 01:05 PM
    Can't catch up!
    My husband and I make approximately $75,000/year. I didn't think that we managed our money poorly but we obvisouly do. We have a total of $5000 in total debt. Some of these are credit cards that are in collection status from years ago that accumulated due to a major health issue with my husband. I am 36 and he is 42. I just can't seem to get on a good budget or honesty where to begin at this point. We make more than enough money to pay our bills and we do not have much total debt at all. Is there any advice you can give as far as budgets. I can tell you that we pay $575 for our rental home, no car payments, normal utility bills and we give 10% of our earnings a week to our church. Other than that it is just trying to get caught up on the back bills. I have a problem with wanting to put money in savings and make payments on our past due bills and my husband says just pay the bills off and be done with them and then build on the savings. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Lisa
    AW805 Posts: 283, Reputation: 43

May 18, 2007, 01:09 PM
    Why put money in your savings when you are throwing it out the window on interest. Your husband is correct pay off your loans then build your savings.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cheating Detail Catch 22 [ 12 Answers ]

I've been with my boyfriend for a little over 5 years. 1 1/2 years ago I founf out that he had cheated on me, of course I was a wreck, I never thought he was capable, anyway, he had relationships/cheating 3 other times that I know of. At first I left him because of the cheating and lies, then a few...

Deadliest Catch [ 6 Answers ]

Anyone been watching Deadliest Catch on the Discovery Channel? I've just begun watching this show and already I'm addicted -- a real nail biter!

Catch Him [ 3 Answers ]

How can I attract a guy and get him to be interested in me

View more questions Search