Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zone Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2007, 12:44 PM
    Programs didn't come
    When my computer was sent out for repair, it went through the "System Recovery" process. When it came back, it didn't have many programs (it had Quicken, random games, etc. but not much else). I put in the Applications Recovery CD & it added a few more programs (i.e. Adobe Acrobat, Windows Media Player). However, it's missing many programs that it came with when I pulled it brand new out of the box. Most notably, Microsoft Works, Wordpad, etc. is missing--there is no program for me to even type in! These were all programs it had when it came from the factory--how come they were not recovered & how can I get them back on my computer?

Also, when I bought the computer, it came with a trial of Microsoft Office installed. I later purchased the full version & entered in the key code. If I reinstall Office somehow, can I use this same key code again?

Lastly, all the type on my computer is different. I adjusted the font size (and had to insert the Windows XP CD for "font files" or something to do so). Everything is in Arial... not what I used to use. How can I change the font of my display. I didn't see this option anywhere.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 18, 2007, 12:50 PM
    As you have the App CD I also assume that you have your own Recovery CD's.
    When machne go to a shop for repair/recovery they use a general disc that only does the OS plus very few other things.
    BTW the programs you mentioned (Acrobat, etc) are FREE downloads.
    Wordpad is standard on Windows anyway and if you have purchased Office then you don't need Works.

This being the case, if you want it back to how you had it originally then it's time to throw your own recovery CD's through the system.

On the Office key the answer should be YES, no problem.
    zone Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2007, 12:58 PM
    I have a Windows Operating System CD & an applications recovery CD. I do not have a system recovery CD...
    Do I just put in the OS CD?
    BigJG Posts: 29, Reputation: 3

May 19, 2007, 07:04 AM
    What kind of computer is it? If it's an HP, just restart the computer and press the F10 key repeatedly until you see something at the bottom of the screen that says something along the lines of System Recovery.

If it's not an HP, you will probably have to use the disc.

This is why I use Macs!
    dcomputer Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2007, 08:17 AM
    You should be able to get a copy of MS Office installed with your key and if it is an issue then Microsoft can fix the issue. The other applications is something you can request the cd-rom discs from the company and they may charge for the disc. System recovery discs are not the greatest thing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Must Have/Useful Programs [ 66 Answers ]

I thought it would be a good idea to get a list of useful programs that we could keep here. If a mod comes across this - could you sticky it please. It would be quite helpful. I'm bound to have missed some programs, so if there is some that you think should be on this list - post here or PM me...

Closing programs [ 2 Answers ]

I'm using a compaq computer, running windows xpsp2 and using IE. Do I have to disable windows fire wall before installing zonealarm fire wall?

Unknown Programs [ 6 Answers ]

I have a program on my computer called ScheduledAgent and I am not sure what it is. I have looked on the internet via Google and there is mixed results. I am slightly concerned as several results suggest it must be removed immediately. Am I right to be concerned? Also is there any other way of...

Programs [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a free download that will help me find all the programs on my computer and remove the old, duplicate, or unused ones safely

Hidden programs in xp [ 1 Answers ]

Hi pals Can any one tell me all the hidden programs in xp and how ro use these programs plzzzzz

View more questions Search