Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Psychodolly Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2007, 10:26 AM
    My new female cats hates all my male cats!
    I just got a new female cat but she is like a year old, all my male cats like her and want to see her buy she just starts hissing at them and they get away... I want them to get along but I don't know how... I have 4 males one is a year old , the othere one is 5 months and the other 2 are 2 months... none of them want to harm her but she just doesn't what them... help me please!! what can I do!! :eek:
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 18, 2007, 01:19 PM
    First of all, is she fixed so that she can't have kittens? If she isn't, then get her done or the male cats will drive her crazy when she comes in heat. Don't you know this !
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

May 19, 2007, 07:21 AM
    Tickle, have to spread it. My thoughts exactly.

Psycho, one of two things is happening here. Is she fixed? If not, you need to get that done. It should help her.

The other thing is, she may very well be a cat that needs to be the only cat in the house. If this is the case, there is not anything you can do to force her to get along. As long as she is not suddenly attacking the other cats, you need to let them be. They will work it out between them. The boys will learn to just leave her be. She also may just need time to adjust to her new home. If she does actively start attacking them for no apparent reason, you will need to separate her or find her a home in which she will be the only cat.
    froggy7 Posts: 1,801, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

May 19, 2007, 01:20 PM
    It might also help to separate the new cat from the other cats for a while. If you can put her in her own room with food, water, and a litter box, then they can get used to each other's smells before they have to deal with each other. You might also want to try Feliway diffusers by the room, so everyone is mellower when they smell each other. Then let them mingle for short periods, but with her always having an escape way back to "her" room. Suddenly being plunked down in the middle of 5 males may be a bit much for her to handle all at once.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Female vs Male [ 2 Answers ]

I am thinking about getting a Calvier King Charles Spaniel a. Would they do well in a crate?? :confused: b.What would be better Male or Female?? :confused:

Male and Female objects... [ 2 Answers ]

This made me chuckle: You might not have known this, but a lot of non-living Objects are actually either male or female. Here are Some examples: FREEZER BAGS: They are male, because they hold Everything in, but you can see right through them. PHOTOCOPIERS: These are female, because once...

2 cats [ 6 Answers ]

I've got 2 cats one is a 2 year old and the mother of the other one that was born in June. Both are female. The mother is VERY laid back and affectionate the youngster is the opposite yet they've always got along, till now. I just walked into the kitchen and as usual the young one nudged mum out...

2 male aggressive cats [ 2 Answers ]

I have 2 unfixed male cats. Kaspian is a part Bengal domestic, and is almost 3 years old. Kain is part Siamese, and is almost 2 years old. We go them about 6 months apart when they were kittens. So have been together all their lives. They got along great until we moved about 3 months ago, and...

My boyfriend (62 why.o male with 27 why.o. Female) [ 6 Answers ]

One day my boyfriend of 2 years invited a guy that we work with and his girlfriend over to go riding in the mountains in my boyfriends jeep... My boyfriend is 62... I am 39 and this guys girlfried is 27... Anyway, my boyfriend was drinking quite a bit and so was the girl (who looked 17) anyway she...

View more questions Search