Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anshul1116 Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

May 18, 2007, 09:49 AM
    Typing speed
    I want to increase my typing speed... I tried those typing tutors present on internet.can you please help me in increasing my typing speed??
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

May 18, 2007, 09:56 AM
    Typing is a motor skill. Practice is the only thing that is going to make it better.
    Lord_Darkclaw Posts: 295, Reputation: 38

May 18, 2007, 03:09 PM
    I've been using a keyboard for years and I have never learned how to type without looking at the keyboard. It's a mystery to me how they do it.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

May 18, 2007, 03:16 PM
    TyperA - test your typing skills is good fun. You can just keep typing all day.

My friend has the 2nd highest score... he did that a number of years ago.
    Haxzor50 Posts: 147, Reputation: 1
    -

May 18, 2007, 05:33 PM
    Lol, man do you see the indents on the F, and J button?

That's where your index finger should be, then middle is on D, etc, etc...
    Your thumb should be on the space bar, and then you have to learn where the keys are by heart, and what motione to use, I still look at the board, it doesn't really make a difference to me... I type like 100 words per minute looking, and like 5 per minute not looking lol, its harder, you kind of have to learn to type again...
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 18, 2007, 06:34 PM
    You may want to increase your speed. But, please remember that your accuracy should be also excellent as you increase your speed. If you are in a rush to increase your speed, please realize that an increase in speed is proportional to how much time you are going to spend practising.

Also, it's not practice that makes perfect. But, PERFECT practice that makes perfect. There are plenty of bad ways to practice typing.

Learning to type is very much like learning to play the piano, as far as practice is concerned.

The key to improving is practicing. And, slow practice at first. Don't even try to go fast. Go for the accuracy without looking at your fingers. Keep your rhythm steady, not jerky. You will get faster later and be just as accurate as when you have been typing slowly and steadily.

I also like to use the keyboards where there is a little bump on both the F and J keys. Also, the keyboards where the backspace key is long instead of short, so that it is not as easy to miss it when aiming for it.

Thanks Cap. I'll have to give TyperA - test your typing skills a try.

A number of years ago, there used to be a site called easytype.com. It was great for learning how to type! In a two week period, I attained a speed of over 40 W.P.M. I practiced, practiced and practiced. I don't think that the site is on the Internet anymore.

Another site that I really like right now is Typing Test - Learn2Type.com - learn to type online FREE typing tutor and typing tests, typing certification. Your complete scores are stored online. They also have a great ten-key tutor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Difference between true air speed and equivalent air speed [ 4 Answers ]

What is the difference between the two and when an aircraft is flying at altitude what is its actual speed

High-speed Cable/low Speed Operation [ 1 Answers ]

I had Time Warner Cable(TWC) Road Runner service(high-speed cable) installed recently on my Panasonic CF-47 Laptop. It turns out that it operates two times SLOWER than Dial-Up!! I have a W98 O/S. The High-speed cable into the computer measures normal(as measured by a super-tech with TWC). After he...

Typing classes [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I need to find a basic typing class to download free. Can anyone help.. tks:o

3 speed ceiling fan only has 1 speed [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 3 speed Hunter ceiling that I rarely turn off and all 3 speeds had been working. I recently turned it off and when I turned it back on, only the high speed is working. I assumed the switch was bad and replaced it. I still only have the High speed. Has anyone had this problem before? ...

View more questions Search