Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Christl Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2007, 08:58 AM
    At home job so I can stay with my baby.
    I wan to start or have an at home job so that I can stay at home with my baby. I do not want to put her in daycare (there are some weirdos out there) so I want an at home job to get some more money coming in. My boyfriend has a job, but the bills are quite tight. I don't want anything big. Just something that I can kind of do on my own time. I went to high school for grooming, but I need a licence for that so I only groom friends dogs. Any advice would be helpful. Thank you
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 18, 2007, 09:13 AM
    Hi, Christl!

I hoping that other's will have ideas. So, these are just a start. I can think of a few things that someone, particularly a woman, might want to do out of her home, if she knows how to do them.

Sewing service, doll making, ironing service, sell Mary Kay or Avon products, make children's clothing, provide a typing service, babysitting, sell Tupperware, etc.

I do know that once you have decided on what you are going to do for a business that you will need to advertise for it.

Here are some ideas:

Hang your small "shingle" out wherever you see a public bulletin board where business advertising can be placed. Have little pull-off tags that have your phone number on them. Some possible places where they can be hung would include: grocery stores, quick mart type places, bowling alleys, Laundromats, etc. Make your shingle small, but neat and colorful. You will use less paper this way and also ink, if you are going to be using a printer.

Always carry business cards with you and bring up your business, product or service in casual conversation.

Advertise in the business section of your local phone book, newspaper or other media.

In case you may want to get some free advertising for your business, please read the following:

If you do a Google search for Clough Quad Cities, then you will find ads for my various businesses dominating the first three or four pages in the search. Do a search for the what I do, leave out my name, and you will still get the same result. All of these ads are free. If you take a look at how I have worded them, then you will get an idea how you could word yours, if advertising on the Internet is something in which you are interested.
    fix-what-you-broke Posts: 305, Reputation: 61

Jun 3, 2007, 03:59 PM
    You might try delivering avon/whoever the co is in your area catalogues, that way you can take the baby out in the pram when you deliver.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 3, 2007, 04:25 PM
    You studied grooming, so get a license //
    JimGunther Posts: 436, Reputation: 38

Jul 28, 2008, 07:00 PM
    I have posted this before so if you have already read it in another thread, don't bother.

Though this doesn't make a lot of money, one legitimate work-from-home opportunity is the telephone work that is done by charitable institutions to schedule pick-ups of donations from residences. In my area, the Salvation Army, Value Village and Purple Heart are firms that do this kind of work.

My wife did this for awhile-it costs no money up front, you go to a class, and they send you lists of numbers in certain areas to call to tell people that a truck will be in their neighborhood on a certain date and would they like to make a donation. There are probably agencies like this in your area, if so, give them a call. You work from home and there is a lot of flexibility in the hours. My wife did this for more than one agency at the same time for awhile and really liked it.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 2, 2008, 04:58 AM
    Adequate and timely answers already received.

Question Closed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How old is old enough to stay home alone? [ 12 Answers ]

I have a question regarding my 7 year old son (1st grader)... occasionally my husband picks him up after school and then leaves him home alone for a couple of hours so he can go back to work to finish a job. He is a business owner and sometimes it's crucial he gets back to finish something. He...

Pay the fool and the pimped out Gouchie Suits. Ain't Got no job, but I stay shy. [ 1 Answers ]

The song lyrics are: Pay the fool, in the pimped out Gouchie Suits. Ain't got no job but I stay shy. Can't pay my rent, caz all my money's spent. But that's OK caz I'm still fly. Who is the artist/song title for this song if you know. :p

Mom coming to stay, new baby. [ 6 Answers ]

My mother who lives far away is coming to stay for over 6 weeks- over the time my first baby is going to be born. Although her and I are really close, I feel more anxious as time draws closer to her arrival. I am worried about a few things- one that really she isn't interested in anything besides...

Stay at home mom's [ 7 Answers ]

I am in need of the REAL value of a stay at home mom. I have checked out sites for Nannies, and house keepers, and I am getting some ideas. But, I am really needing to know, when my fiancé throws in my face that he pays all the bills, do I have any right to throw back of the cost that I am...

December: Job, baby. All or nothing? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Lets see if somebody can give me a hand with a couple of things or at least listen to me. Like the past 3 years, as the end of the year approaches my humor start to change, that is because every December I have to renew my contract at my job. Every year I’m hoping to keep my job and I never...

View more questions Search