Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Braves29 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2007, 06:55 AM
    My ex left because I wasn't spontaneous enough.
    My ex girlfriend who I lived with for the past year and a half broke up with me because I wasn't "spontaneous" enough. I won't lie, we both were really comfortable in our relationshp and didn't express our love as much as we did in the beginning but we always had trust and always spent time together. However, towards the end of our relationship she wanted to go to the mall on her day off and I didn't want to go. It turned into a fight and she got real upset and started crying. She said, "you don't love me and you don't ever think of me." I was upset and I didn't comfort her when she started crying. The next day when I came home from work she ended things and I moved out. I've spoke to her afterwards just a few times and sent her flowers and a letter but she was so cold to me as I was pouring my heart out to her. She ended up saying we don't have anything in common and it is best if we were just friends. What I don't understand is just a couple of weeks earlier we renewed our lease for another year and started talking about a future together. How can she just end things like that and not want to work at it? I have this erie feeling that she was comparing me to her ex b/f of 6 years who was spontaneous but was cheating on her with one of her friends. Was she not happy for a while and this was the final straw? I love her so much and it hurts to think that she was leading me along for quite a long time. On the phone it didn't even sound like the woman I knew for a year and a 1/2... Someone please give me some insight!
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 18, 2007, 07:27 AM
    Hello Braves:

Yeah, chicks... I can't figure 'em out. If you do, let me know.

excon
    emopunk7 Posts: 1,052, Reputation: 161
    Ultra Member

May 18, 2007, 12:32 PM
    Just move on. She's a mess!
    AW805 Posts: 283, Reputation: 43

May 18, 2007, 05:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon
    Hello Braves:
    Yeah, chicks................... I can't figure 'em out. If you do, let me know.
    excon
    Excon - You're joking me right?

Quote Originally Posted by Braves29
    My ex girlfriend who I lived with for the past year and a half broke up with me because I wasn't "spontaneous" enough. I won't lie, we both were really comfortable in our relationshp and didnt express our love as much as we did in the beginning but we always had trust and always spent time together. However, towards the end of our relationship she wanted to go to the mall on her day off and I didn't want to go. It turned into a fight and she got real upset and started crying. She said, "you don't love me and you don't ever think of me." Was she not happy for a while and this was the final straw? I love her so much and it hurts to think that she was leading me along for quite a long time. On the phone it didnt even sound like the woman I knew for a year and a 1/2......Someone please give me some insight!
    I have a feeling it was a lot more than not going to the mall... and it was the final straw. You need to re examine where your relationship really was at.
    gypsy456 Posts: 319, Reputation: 48

May 18, 2007, 07:00 PM
    AW805 is right... there is a lot more going on than this.
    Nobody breaks jkust up because her boyfriend does not want to go to the mall and if that would truly the reason you should be happy...

There is nothing wrong with being comfortable in a relationship.
    In the beginning things are different and over time they do change... as long as both partners are happy with this it's fine.
    When the other one expects more it may turn into a problem.

To comment on the fact she did not sound like the woman you knew for a year and a half... I have said it before... "the person we break up with is often not the one we fall in love with..."

If she really broke up over this then it's her loss. Move on.
    If however she has given you signals and you did not or choose not to read those.. then it's a different story...
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

May 19, 2007, 12:28 AM
    It sounds like she was bored with the relationship. I think Gypsy is correct that you two were out of the "honeymoon phase" and then it sort of sunk in to her that the relationship wasn't what she wanted so she left.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 19, 2007, 08:23 AM
    Whatever happened, you didn't see it coming, and she chose not to communicate her true feelings, so I have to think that she has been ready to go for a while at least. Maybe her leaving is a very good thing, because a relationship so easily broken is not a healthy kind of thing to be involved in. You were in much deeper than she was, and she was not happy and may have expected more from you than you could give. Sorry dude but maybe you were to comfortable and didn't pay attention to her enough to notice the change coming. Whatever it was, let her go, and good riddance.
    choochoo88 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2009, 12:35 PM
    Just like a man expects regular sex off his girlfriend, a woman wants regular attention and she also wants to feel as though she is loved and that you are still into her.

Sorry mate but I think its your fault, what's wrong with spending time with her doing something that she is interested in, its not going to kill you to spend time at a mall with the girl you love is it!

Well as she has moved on now I think that you can learn and move on and treat the next one you want to be seriouse with like a princess. Trust me a woman who feels as though she is wanted will give you great rewards.
    Reactor Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2009, 12:51 PM

It's never stricly one person's fault in the ending of a relationship 'choochoo88'.

There are many underlying issues at work here, brewing & spewing until a moment like 'going to the mall' boils over.

Never one person's fault. Ever.
    High Max Posts: 271, Reputation: 43

Sep 27, 2009, 12:57 PM

How do people find threads that are three years old and post on them?
    Reactor Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2009, 01:00 PM

Hey... your right... what the hell lol
    High Max Posts: 271, Reputation: 43

Sep 27, 2009, 01:06 PM

I know. This happens every so often someone digs up a topic that is like 3 years old, lol.
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2009, 02:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by High Max View Post
    How do people find threads that are three years old and post on them?
    I wonder this every time I see one.
    Just Looking Posts: 1,610, Reputation: 480
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2009, 02:06 PM
    I think it's because they look at the "similar threads" while in a newer thread.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nothing is left [ 8 Answers ]

I've tried explaining my feelings to friends and they say that I am making up excuses and I can't explain the way that I feel but I would never wish this kind of life on anyone even if I hated them. I don't understand what I have done to deserve my life... no matter what I do, it is wrong, last...

I always get left out! [ 1 Answers ]

Whenever my family does something I always get left out. It is like I am just there. I feel invisible. They accept my cousin's girfriend more than they accept me. They always tell me that I am heavy... I still haven't lose the baby weight. I am trying though. They also treat me like a child. I have...

He left me :.. ( [ 4 Answers ]

So I tell my best friend that I like him and he takes it the wrong way. Now he is not talking to me because he says that he cannot hang out with a friend he has knows so long that likes him. We were best friends and now were nothing. (in his eyes). I still love him as a best firned and its like he...

Used? Being left? Help! [ 9 Answers ]

OK

View more questions Search