Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

May 17, 2007, 08:45 PM
    Too much water?
    As you may remember I have three dogs, two of which are extremely large basset hounds. The hounds like to drink allot tof water. I think this may, not be healthy for them, is it a good idea to let them drink as much as they want?

[img]file:///C:/Users/MATT/Pictures/2007-05-17%205-17-2007/5-17-2007%20006.JPG[/img]
    insummer Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

May 17, 2007, 10:49 PM
    Drinking larger than normal amounts of water can be a sign of diabetes and other problems. Maybe take them for a check up.
    :)
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

May 18, 2007, 03:23 AM
    The only time I would limit the water a dog drinks is if it is having trouble going overnight without urinating. If they are active, they may need the water.

Your picture didn't come through. I changed IMG to img, and it didn't help. Your code looks right, and I am not getting the bad url message.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

May 18, 2007, 10:21 AM
    Matt, I remember that you have three dogs. From what I recall, you have had them for a while. Are they drinking more than usual for this time of year, or is this just a general question? If it has been hot, they are going to drink more water. labman is right -- if they aren't having a problem with their regular urination routine, I wouldn't worry about it. If they are suddenly exhibiting an excessive need for water, are drinking non-stop or drinking quite a bit more than their usual amounts, and urinating much more frequently than normal, then a vet checkup is a good idea. You need to get a urine specimen to bring in to your vet for testing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Surging water pressure & leaking water heater relief valve [ 19 Answers ]

Just recently the pressure of our water in the house surges when we turn a faucet on, and the city water company verified that our pressure in the house when we open a faucet is higher than the pressure in the lines in the street, and after the water runs is at a normal pressure (meaning their...

Brand new water heater: Starts hot, then water gets cold after few seconds [ 9 Answers ]

We just moved into a brand new condo which has its own water heater. We went to take a shower this morning and the first few seconds of the shower were very hot, then it went cold after 10 seconds. We tried again after half an hour, same thing. There was enough hot water for my husband to shave but...

Gas water heater pressure release valve leaking water [ 14 Answers ]

Hello all, I have a slight issue with my gas water heater. It's a AO Smith 32.75 gallon type. All of a sudden, water is coming out of the relief valve pipe. I have placed a coffee can there, and I have to empty it out every few hours now. Im not sure where to turn for this one, as I have...

Can one shut off water main valve but leave gas hot water tank on? [ 4 Answers ]

I would like to know if I go away for two days and shut my main water shutoff valve can I leave my gas hot water tank on. I saw two answers To a similar question and one answer said you can leave it on and the other Said you had to shut it off. I am confused now as to whether I can leave the gas...

View more questions Search