Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    busybee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2007, 03:26 PM
    Backround check
    When I was 18 got in some misdemeanor trouble. My question is will misdemeanors show up on a FBI criminal check and for how long? I'm now 38 years old and have to get fingerprinted for a job.
    NowWhat Posts: 1,634, Reputation: 264
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2007, 03:27 PM
    Well, it depends on what your application asked for. If you had ever been convicted of a crime or have you ever been convicted of a felony.
    Either way, I would imagine it will show up.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 17, 2007, 03:45 PM
    It is a most likely, 20 years ago, many minor misdemeanors were not fingerprinted and arrest records done, it was not unusual to be thrown in a cell for 23 hours and released after been taught a lesson.

But if you were fingerprinted and appeared in court, yes all misdemanors will show up on a criminal background check.
    *** now this is the check the police run, remember all for the private search companies don't have access to all police records, so some searches are better than others. But it can. But to be honest most minor crimes 20 years ago don't effect much
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

May 17, 2007, 05:08 PM
    If you were convicted then yes, it'll show up. The exact nature of the offense will determine whether it'll impact your eligibility for the job.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Another backround post (sorry) [ 14 Answers ]

I had a job interview today and I basically have the job as long as I pass a backround check. Well... I have gotten in trouble although, I have not been arrested, have not gone to court (yet) but Idont know if Ihave charges filed against me. If I have charges filed against me and never been to...

Backround checks and Fingerprinting [ 2 Answers ]

I was just hired for a job as a Adult Care Program Aide. I start on Monday-12/04/06. They had me go to a place that took my fingerprints and they will also do a backround check. I am 63 years old and back around 25 years ago I got into trouble with a charge about doing something to prevent the...

Disk check [ 2 Answers ]

Yes I have window xp and I can not get the disk check to run, when it starts It says can not open direct and then goes straight to opening windows. Any ideas.:confused:

Check this out here [ 2 Answers ]

http://www.msftlabrat.com/funstuff/jingle.wmv

View more questions Search