Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    halfpint27 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2007, 02:27 PM
    some people say it talks adout weed in the bible?
    in gen. it says god gave us all the green herbs and it says it in afew other placces it also says the week use herbs alought of people tell me that weed is a herb and senses and it talks about in the bible and it grows naturley that it's not a sin that god don't mind you using it what do you think I want other peoples appions/?
    soccerman22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 0

May 17, 2007, 02:32 PM
    I think using weed is a sin regardless. It is still bad even if its written in the bible.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

May 17, 2007, 02:41 PM
    Marijuana in the Bible? Some people will use any excuse to smoke pot. If I were to indulge in pot, I would not thump the Bible and say here it is written I can do this. Christ also said people were to obey the law.

But since you asked, check these sites out. You would like the first two.

Marijuana and the Bible

Marijuana and the Bible by The Ethiopian Zion Coptic Church

What does the Bible say about using marijuana or pot? - at BibleStudy.org

Drugs and the Bible: E, Shrooms, Cocaine, Crack, Marijuana

Remember that although you might find something in the Bible to anchor your stand on pot, you may be taking that totally out of context.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 17, 2007, 04:23 PM
    Hello, as a herb like BASIL, or Oregeno, Parsily, but the term herb is not a proper name for pot, that is like calling tobacca a herb, you want some on your dinner tonight??

Herb in regard to pot is a very new street slang name and has no real bearing on the actual proper name of POT.

And it is a sin for sure in the US, because it is illegal, and as Christians we are to folllow lawful orders of our Governemnt

People love to twist and lie about the bible, but they only fool thierself
    Clean Posts: 2, Reputation: 0

May 17, 2007, 05:02 PM
    Hello, first of all, I wouldn't be using the term "marijuana", it is a term with racist beginnings in the early days of cannibis prohibition,ssociating it with early 20th century immigrant laborers, when in actuality it was the celebrities and such who were th users as well as the infirm. I would use the words cannibis, cannibis sativa, weed, or pot in describing this plant species.
    As much as I support obeying the law, I feel ignorance should be conquered when possible so I offer a few facts so as not to evilize what may be just disinformation.
    As a plant, it is highly resistant to drought and grows well in depleted soil, this is useful for doctoring land when needed to bring nutrient levels up, as well as for fire recovery and watershed prtection due to extremely fast growth rate.
    It is stronger then flax, has been carefully cultivated for over 4000 years to produce the strongest rope available to humans. In the civil war, soldiers would become addicted to morphine, this was called soldiers disease. Wounded using cannibis could tolerate pain, avoiding morphine altogether.
    All this shows that profit-driven industry has much in conflict with this plant, from the use of synthetics today that can be patented for immense profit, such as nylon, rather than the use of natural materials that can NOT be patented as intellectual property.
    And look at the massive amount of money being made form alcohol and tobacco, which cannibis would be a resonable detour from, and insure increased peace among people.
    ANd most important of all, cetain varieties can be grown without the mild hallucinogen of the flowering buds, thereby insuring compliance with the law and still retaining the usefulness of the plant. So one would intelligently think...
    A book called the Emperor Wear's No Clothes seems to have more accuate info then those other sites.
    P.S. It could be considered a herb because of the many possible EXTRACTS that can be made using cannibis, that I'm sure many of the ancient peoples knew about.
    No, I do not use it for getting hi
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 17, 2007, 05:12 PM
    OK, if we did away with every word ( that today has nothing to do with racism) we would lose a major part of our words. That is of course its name and there is nothing wrong with its usage, and to be honest people that look for racism in all things are really a major problem in our society

And the issues was not the US history of the drug, but the bibical reference of if.
    thetruth420 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2007, 08:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shygrneyzs
    Christ also said people were to obey the law.
    I'm pretty sure he meant his laws i.e. the 10 comandments, if we all used the cannabis herb there would be world peace, but guess what's preventing that.. politicians, yea most of them go to church but, if they were really religious they wouldn't even think about war because what happens at the end of the bible... in many other words... world war 3, what happens after that... the end... so I'm not really so sure christ would want us to follow laws that would actually make this happen... but its bound to happen because mankind(not all of it but most) are materialistic they need their high dollar clothes, and oil to power big suv's, all that cost money, wars are started over money and oil.. so I think he meant to follow the ten comandments till the end comes and all the people that do, get to pass into heaven... what does this have to do with herb in the bible?. its there you just have to read.. it says he rejected the old wine(alcohal) and embraced the new wine(cannibus)... so smoke a pipe and have a communion with christ... he's on his way better get close to him now if you never have before... I know this post is old as fermented bourbon but I thought id throw my 2 pennies in
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Oct 18, 2007, 08:50 AM
    Just like anything, else some things are used for good and some for bad.
    Just because something is natural doesn't mean it is good for you.
    Staff infection is caused by natural bacteria.
    I saw on Unsolved Mysteries or some show that a guy took a how to survive in the
    Wilderness and took off to Alaska to "live off the land" and the book told him to seep a plant for nutrition. He did that and not knowing he had to cut off a certain part and he died because it totally blocked up his digestive system from working at all.
    Also the Bible says that you are to be in your right mind not in a drunk/altered state. I can look up the whole teaching on it if you want. The main verses are something like the Greek word for pharmacutica.

Oct 18, 2007, 03:40 PM
    Yea but cannibis has been smoked and or used in various forms throughout history, its legal in other countrys, the only reason its not legal here is because it would cost too much to legalize just one "drug" when the other more harmful(man made) drugs i.e. perscription type, people die everyday from overdoses and its not their fault the docter perscribed too much, then you got your crack/meth some stupid person made these drugs.. possibly the devil himself... all I'm saying is... nobody has died from cannibis maybe some muchies, I know people that have smoked cannibis for 25+ years and they still make good judgements, they're really good people.. cannibis will continue to be used no matter what manmade law there may be for it...
    RustyFairmount Posts: 165, Reputation: 40

Oct 18, 2007, 05:56 PM
    In addition to what Fr. Chuck said, you need to remember that your body is a gift from God. If you knowingly choose to hurt your body, the wonderful gift that God gave you, then you are sinning. Excessive alcohol consumption irreversibly damages the liver and brain. Likewise, marijuana harms your lungs, brain, and reproductive potency. Tobacco also is harmful.

Therefore, consuming these substances for pleasure is a sin.

You might say: C'mon. How can smoking cigarettes be a sin? The answer: Because it is. I don't make the rules. I just try my best (often failing) to obey them.

Oct 18, 2007, 06:26 PM
    Then why are cancer patients giving cannibis if requested hmmmm... you guys say its not in the bible, but yet it's a common MEDICINE for cancer patients, its been used in various Healing rituals by our ancestors... I guarantee the candy bar you ate or the soda you drank today will create more harm then sparkin up a dooby...
    Uber Member

Oct 18, 2007, 09:15 PM
    You can make all the excuses you want it doesn't make it right or okay.

Merinol is the prescription form of weed and to be used in moderation for medicinal reasons. Using that as an excuse is like saying then you should be able to take the same medicine your grandmother takes for her cancer. It is an apple/orange comparison that doesn't justify anything.

Like I said the Bible DOES speak against using mind altering substances.
    You said you know a lot of really good people that smoke weed, I know a lot of alcoholics that I can say the same about. Again comparing apples/oranges because it is not
    Keeping your body as the temple of God and so forth.
    The Bible also says to obey the laws of the land and it is illegal.
    Uber Member

Dec 31, 2007, 08:25 PM
    The Bible also says not to do mind altering things.
    God gave us a lot of things that doesn't mean we are suppose to smoke everything he gave us.
    mseik Posts: 40, Reputation: 6

Jan 2, 2008, 12:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by thetruth420
    then why are cancer patients givin cannibis if requested hmmmm...... you guys say its not in the bible, but yet its a common MEDICINE for cancer patients, its been used in various Healing rituals by our ancestors... i guarantee the candy bar u ate or the soda u drank today will create more harm then sparkin up a dooby...
    Cancer patients are not given cannabis if requested, they're prescribed specific, highly-controlled doses of a cannabinoid if the treating Oncologist feels it's warranted, and if the patient has no history of substance abuse. (And it isn't prescribed in joint, blunt, or dude it's 4:20 form.)

People who are in denial about their own substance abuse are very creative about creating justifications for that use. Unfortunately, none of the so-called reasons are based in anything other than that person's desire to justify a fallacy.
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Jan 3, 2008, 05:49 AM
    It all becomes simple when you realize that there is no right or wrong. The Creator made us and all the plants. Some of those plants are called (by us) herbs or herbacious shrubs. I think that Goddess/God wants us to become who we really are. Men write rules, God lives free of rules, God is love and we are created in that image.
    Uber Member

Jan 3, 2008, 07:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by simoneaugie
    It all becomes simple when you realize that there is no right or wrong. The Creator made us and all the plants. Some of those plants are called (by us) herbs or herbacious shrubs. I think that Goddess/God wants us to become who we really are. Men write rules, God lives free of rules, God is love and we are created in that image.
    That type of 'free' (no rules) results in chaos and enslaved.
    Many plants are poisonous. That shows right there that 'all the plants' were NOT MEANT to be ingested.
    Man writes rules because he knows man kills man and commits unjust acts AGAINST man and God.
    Also God DID make rules. He says treat your body as a temple and keep it pure from 'unclean' things.
    Kim Medlin

Jesus Christ, Our Great God & Savior - Does the Bible Talk About Drugs?
    margar Posts: 63, Reputation: 4

Jan 14, 2008, 08:47 AM
    We have biblical laws and laws of our country has put in place. We should try to live by both. I have broken laws on each level, just like all of us. Kind of puts us in the same boat doesn't it? God knows our human traits. I guess, I feel it comes down to how I want to live my life, do I want it to please god? Does smoking weed glorify god? As far as the last days, I feel we are living in them right now. Have you ever read revelations? It explains thoroughly how the end of the world will be. A major war in the middle east, where the blood will flow as deep and the horses bridle. Scary isn't it , not to taken lightly. Enough said... I posted but want to edit. I like the response re using some of these shrub for medicinal purposes.. probably what god had in mind, do you suppose. Not just so some guy can go out and get high.
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Jan 14, 2008, 09:15 AM
    God created all plants so we could try them, even the poisonous ones. Man created laws. It is illegal in my state to have sex with a virgin. If death were not viewed as a punishment, if we lived without knowledge of good and evil, weed would not be a subject of controversy.
    nickiann Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2008, 03:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by halfpint27
    in gen. it says god gave us all the green herbs and it says it in afew other placces it also says the week use herbs alought of people tell me that weed is a herb and sences and it talks about in the bible and it grows naturley that it's not a sin that god dont mind you using it what do you think i want other peoples appions/?
    It's definitely natural and I'm sure god doesn't mind if your puffing the cheeba as long as you are responsible and hold down a job.

$@))))
    margar Posts: 63, Reputation: 4

Jan 24, 2008, 09:18 AM
    May I direct you to a scripture. This is what god says not me... proverbs 16:25 there is a way that seems right to man, but the end is the way of death... we can believe what we like but if it isn't in line with gods word, we are wrong...
    The blind shall lead the blind

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Weed Trimmer(weed eater) [ 3 Answers ]

I need step by step help on re-installing a (recoil) starter rope on a weed eater. If by chance you have diagram of how to put it on , I sure would appreciate it , any info will be appreciated ty denise

Where in the Bible? [ 3 Answers ]

I am a Catholic and I am trying to remember but can't as to where in the Bible I could find about the story where Jesus gave three men pieces of silver (?), the pieces of silver represents the gifts that he left us. God said the number of silver is given according to one's ability. God would later...

I'm pregnant and baby's daddy still talks to ex [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, Ok I'm going to try to make a long story short but I really need some advice on this if some one can please help me cause I am so confused and don't know what to do... I started dating this guy in September and he was still talking to his ex and I kind of knew it just wasn't sure of it I...

Bible Help [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking for the translation from the Hebrew, Greek and Aramaic Bible into English. There are so many versions, and I keep getting pointed in different directions. Please Help! I'm Catholic, and I want something the King James Version. Thank you!

Girlfriend and I broke up but she talks about future. [ 8 Answers ]

OK. Well this is my first post. My girlfriend and I broke up last night. I was dating this girl for 10 months and we are relatively young. Also, about half of our relationship has been a long distance relationship with me at college and her at home. We have both been faithful to each other...

View more questions Search