Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    k1j14mom Posts: 108, Reputation: 6

May 17, 2007, 02:02 PM
    Difference between chronic pain and fibromyalgia
    Just wondering if any one could help? What is the difference between chronic pain syndrome and fibromyalgia? My doctor says I have chronic pain syndrome and I was just wondering what the difference is because I have a lot of the symptoms that are on the fibro... site
    antymay Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2007, 11:03 PM
    Chronic pain syndrome is a non-specific diagnosis. It can be anything that causes chronic pain, hangnails, osteoarthritis, bad teeth, chronic migraines, etc, etc. Fibromyalgia has specific diagnostic criteria, but nobody really knows what causes it, and therefore there's no cure.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fibromyalgia [ 10 Answers ]

My Fibromyalgia has gotten worse over the last 3 years. Is there any meds that you know of to help with the burning pain I suffer from daily.I am just about ready to throw in the white towell so to speak.I am so tired of hurting 24/7.Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Fibromyalgia mysery [ 7 Answers ]

My Mum was diognosed with Fibromyalgia about a year a go! I have researched the disease but whenever I look on the internet I don't really understand what it actually is! My Mum won't talk to me about it! I suppose she is trying to protect me! But I really need to know what this is and what I can...

Chronic PAIN! [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I've had chronic pain that begain in my arms and shoulders it was horrific pain. Later I had what felt like pressure in my lower right side back. Well this turned into stabbing ungodly pain that had me shaking it was soooooooo bad. I WAS BED RIDDEN FOR 2YRS with pain in my back that felt like I...

Chronic Headaches [ 1 Answers ]

What do you suggest to help a teenager who has a headache all the time, she is 17 now and has had headaches since puberty. Some times they are severe and other days milder but they are ALWAYS there.

Chronic nightmares [ 24 Answers ]

I was diagnosed with PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) 8 years ago, after witnessing a shooting in my family. I used to have very dehabilitating symptoms and wasn't able to go to school or work, but after years of intensive treatments I've improved dramatically. However, I still have constant,...

View more questions Search