Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sexy Chulita Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2007, 01:18 PM
    Is it hard to be an adopted child?
    If you've been adopted, is it hard to hear it your "parents" tell you you're adopted & how do you cope with it?:confused:
    exotic pet Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2007, 07:12 AM
    I'm sorry that your adopted I think being adopted can be and evil spell put on you I'm adopted and I feel it is the worst or one of the worst things that can happen to a person and there is no one to care how you feel I was adopted and then abused by the people who wanted a child so badly that they abused me I'm confused by that if they wanted siomething to abuse they should have abused themselves not adopt a child to take out there anger on
    acoston Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Oct 30, 2007, 06:17 PM
    I was adopted and love it.
    My heart goes out to Exotic Pet... You are right.. that is not fair, but if what you are ssaying is true, well you are a minority. Adoption centers and agencies take a lot of time and consideration into who is allowed to adopt! My parents went through so much to just get on the waiting list!

I was adopted as an infant and my parents told me at three. So I pretty much have known my whole life. YES there were times it was so very hard. Adopted kids do deal with rejection and acceptance issues more than non-adoptees. BUT that is no excuse to not have a great life! My parents were absolutely wonderful and helped me through these issues. They answered my questions, they even arranged for me to meet my bio-mom at 17. ( turns out they had known my grandfather for years!)

Looking back there were hard times, but as I grew up I always was so thankful I was in a safe family that could provide fr me and love me. I know it sounds cheesy... but my parents CHOSE me. They waited 2 years for me. I think that is love.
    P13 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2007, 02:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sexy Chulita
    If you've been adopted, is it hard to hear it your "parents" tell you you're adopted & how do you cope with it?:confused:
    I am adopted. I've never had any issue with this whatsoever. I consider muself lucky and have been brought up to be an honest, caring, hard working individual... just like my parents. I don't consider them to be adoptive parents. They are my parents. I came from the hospital to them. I am very much like them. People are surprised when finding out that I am adotped. I couldn't have hand picked two better people and am thankful everyday for having them. For those such as Exotic Pet... that is awful. For most, adoption is a beautiful thing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adopted brother [ 10 Answers ]

Am I legally allowed to look for my over 18 yr old brother , even though my mum doesn't want too.. How do I go about this.. I am 30 and in UK

Looking for my brother who was adopted out [ 5 Answers ]

My brother was adopted out when I was 8 years old. I was told that he died after birth. I have since found out this is not true. He was born at the Mater Hospital in 1971 and his birth name was Anthony. Could you please help me find him.

Adopted dog [ 12 Answers ]

I found a dog to adopt. His name is Jesafur but we are calling him Jessie. They say he's a husky/black lab mix. We went to visit him and took our beagle to meet him and the kids to play with him. We have had him a week and a half. Since then he doesn't leave my side. Wherever I go there he follows....

Child support for adopted son [ 3 Answers ]

I adopted a son about 4 years ago when I was married shortly after that me and my wife divorce and now I am stuck with paying child support for a none biological son. Is there anything in the law to prevent me from paying child suppor for a adopted son? Also the son that we adopted was my wife's...

View more questions Search