Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Margaret054 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2007, 12:29 PM
    Security guards when pool is closed
    Im on a pool committee where I live and we are trying to find out if it is a mandatory law to have a pool guard at night when the pool is closed we do have fences (gates) and are locked when closed but int past we have had people (Teens) jumping the high fences would we be liable for a accident or trespassing
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

May 17, 2007, 12:42 PM
    I suppose it depends on the laws in your town, but I have never heard of a law that requires a guard when a pool is closed. You should make sure that your fences and gates are properly repaired and up to code (i.e. tall enough), and I would recommend signage near the pool that says something like "No Swimming without Lifeguard Present" and a "No Lifeguard On Duty" sign that gets put up every night. Perhaps also a "Pool Closed, No Swimming Allowed" sign on the gate at night. These will at lease provide evidence that any trespassers were warned. Also, I would recommend that if you or any other club members are aware of trespassing while it's occurring that you call the cops - this would help provide evidence that you attempted to stop the trespassing. Otherwise if there's an accident then in a lawsuit someone may argue that you tacitly approved the use of the pool at night since you did nothing to stop it.
    Margaret054 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2007, 12:59 PM
    Thank you ebaines fro you respones very helpful.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Arm Grabbing Security Guards Beijing Airport [ 5 Answers ]

Is it an acceptable custom for security guards to silently without any explanation grab people by the arm and move them to where they are supposed to be standing in China? Or is this just a Beijing airport security guard thing?

Pool, spitters or over pool jets of water [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me where to find the spitters that send streams of water over the pool. Thanks, Judy

A closed case! [ 2 Answers ]

Once a case is closed, is it possible to appeal it even though I signed a waiver basically signing over my rights? I got charged for 6 bad checks I didn't write and how I found out was I got rear ended and the reporting officer said I had a warrant out for my arrest. So after doing the accident...

Closed adoption [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to find my twin who was adopted at birth. I have no information on who adopted her or what her adopted name is. What is the best way to find her?

My thermostat closed up... [ 1 Answers ]

I drive a 94 mitsubishi mighty max 2-wheel drive truck.My engine is a 4-cylinder 2.4liter.It has 93,000 miles on it.My thermostat closed up the other day and my truck started to overheat I was heading home so every couple of miles I would stop and let the truck cool down but I think I still may...

View more questions Search