Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Philth Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2007, 12:18 PM
    Uninstalled Zone Alarm - Internet No Longer works
    I was running a cracked version of Zone Alarm Pro. I accidentally 'upgraded' to the new ZA Free Verions. At this point my Windows Live Messenger ceased to be able to connect. I searched the internet for solutions and found that it may be my new ZA causing the problem, so I uninstalled it. At this point I was no longer able to use any application that connected to the internet, but, I can still see that I am connected to my wireless network (signal is 'excellent'), as packets are still be sent back and forth. I know that the High Speed is still functioning properly, as there is another computer connected directly to the router. Attempts a restarting the modem and router did not help. Reinstalling Zone Alarm pro did not help. Deactivating all firewalls did not work. I've also tried connecting both using the windows application and the software that came with my Trendnet wireless card, both methods used to work, neither work now.
    Again, no application is able to access the internet, not even for updates.

Any ideas?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 17, 2007, 12:32 PM
    That is one of the major problems with using illegal software.
    I'm sorry to say that once ZA blocks everything the only way around it is a rebuild of your operating system.
    Philth Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2007, 11:14 AM
    So it looks like a 'rebuild' of my operating system wasn't the only way.

I simply uninstalled and reinstalled my wireless card drivers and the problem was solved.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Zone Alarm Firewall [ 7 Answers ]

I am running Windows XP Home with Internet Explorer. For PC Protection I AVG Free Anti-Virus, Ad-Aware SE to detect and rmove Adware, Microsoft Anti-Spyware,Spybot,and Spyware Blaster to detect and remove spyware.Do you advise me to also download Zone Alarm Firewall protection. Some say yes and...

Zone Alarm Free Issue [ 7 Answers ]

I got a new computer last week, and installed Zone Alarm Free. No problems since then except for today, when I got a "blocked" message. I can Access AskMeHelpDesk but not Google or Yahoo. I turned off Zone Alarm then turned it back on and now the problem seems fixed... but I'm wondering if...

WindowsXP vs. Zone Alarm Free [ 5 Answers ]

Got a new computer. I had Zone Alarm Free on the other one and I had no problems. ... now I wonder: 1. Is ZA Free really better than WindowsXP firewall? 2. Which of the two uses less resources? Thanks!

How do I keep internet screen active longer? [ 1 Answers ]

How do I keep internet screen active longer? Here's the problem. I have a small internet business, and it seems that every time I'm away from my computer for two minutes (actually it is several) the screen goes inactive, the screensaver (Pipes) comes on, and I have to hit a key to get the active...

Switch no longer works [ 1 Answers ]

We had two light switches that were in two separate rooms but controlled the kitchen overhead lights. About two years ago, I disconnected one of the switches. Last night, the switch that was left operational, stopped working for no apparent reason. I tested it and it no longer has power. The...

View more questions Search