Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    iamintrouble Posts: 51, Reputation: 2

May 17, 2007, 11:11 AM
    I still don't completely forgive him!
    I still not completely forgive him what his done to me. Every time when we have argument I still thinking the pain he gave me before, and I feel so resent him. He told me if I can’t forgive him that our relationship can’t do anymore better and move forward. This will be the end of the relationship. I feel I am the one have problem in our relationship even though I wasn’t the one do wrong! So unfair!

Anyhow, I told him I want to see counselor to get advice. But he says he doesn’t have faith for it. And he thinks counselors just tell you their opinion base on your relationship conflict, it doesn’t mean is right. I don’t know how to get him to see relationship counselor with me. Actually I don’t know will counselor help our relationship get better both since he has a very strong personality and doesn’t like to listen anyone. But I don’t know how to take out all of the pain he gave me before.:(
    Rockabilly1955mama Posts: 662, Reputation: 85

May 17, 2007, 11:16 AM
    Honey, with all due respect, if you cannot forgive him the relationship has no purpose.

Now, I may be wrong.
    A counselor is a good idea.

And if you are not able to forgive him, it's going to be a long, hard road for you ahead.
    Auttajasi Posts: 107, Reputation: 27

May 17, 2007, 11:39 AM
    A man I respect a lot once said that it is only possible to have unconditional love for your children and dogs.
    I agree with him for the most part.

And your boyfriend is right. Counselors ARE giving their opinion. Their opinion, however, may be based on years maybe even decades of experience working with relationship problems.
    In many cases, a counselor just serves as a mediator between two people. He/she is there to make sure that you are being fair to each other when you argue. I look at relationship counselors as people who teach other people to argue properly. A counselor cannot cure you of arguing, but they can teach you how to argue in a way where neither party blows up in a fit of rage at any point during the argument.

In this respect, a counselor may be able to help the fact that your boyfriend doesn't like to listen to anybody.
    You are tormenting your boyfriend by not forgiving him. Your relationship won't get better until you breach this barrier.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 17, 2007, 05:16 PM
    As I have indicated in your other posts, why torture yourself with this idiot. I haven't seen or heard anything to save this relationship, nada, nothing, no way. Counseling would be the only thing you haven't done.
    iamintrouble Posts: 51, Reputation: 2

May 17, 2007, 05:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    As I have indicated in your other posts, why torture your self with this idiot. I haven't seen or heard anything to save this relationship, nada, nothing, no way. Counseling would be the only thing you haven't done.
    I know... it's not that easy to get out of the relationship of 4 years. Also because I love him very much, and I am sure he loves me too! But for some reason, we don't know how to avoid all relationship conflict, and make the agument worse in the end.
    I'm hoping to get advice from counselor for save this relationship, and find the way to take out the resentful from the pain in me. Also, change his respective to see our relationship.
    Auttajasi Posts: 107, Reputation: 27

May 21, 2007, 12:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by iamintrouble
    I know...it's not that easy to get out of the relationship of 4 years. Also becuase I love him very much, and I am sure he loves me too! But for some reason, we don't know how to avoid all relationship conflict, and make the agument worse in the end.
    I'm hoping to get advice from counselor for save this relationship, and find the way to take out the resentful from the pain in me. Also, change his respective to see our relationship.
    I would advise you to not go see a counselor with the intent of changing anything about him. This is the wrong way to go about it. Forget about trying to change anyone

Two very different people can go into counseling and just learn how to love and accept the other person for who they are. The second one partner starts trying to change the other, you are in a very bad place, and it is YOUR pride that is hurting the relationship.

Try instead to change some of your attributes that he doesn't like about you. Then, (maybe) he will recognize your efforts, and start changing things about himself to please you. If not, you will still feel a lot better about yourself for having the courage and strength to change, and will probably, in turn, become more accepting of your partner. Don't do it just because you want him to change though (you would still be trying to change him; just in a different way). Do it to better yourself.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I can't forgive my guy. [ 3 Answers ]

A day or two ago, I was looking through my boyfriends email (we have a very open relationship, and have each other's passwords) for an email that I had sent him awhile back. In this process, I came across a bill I didn't recognize. Long story short, I came across a secret email account that was...

Should I forgive betrayal? [ 8 Answers ]

I am not sure whose fault the ending of this relationship is? I have known my ex for 5 years.. the first 4 years we were only friends.. I wanted it that way.. I was to busy in college and couldn't handle any realtionships at the time pluse he was getting over a divorce that took place 4 years...

I can't forgive them [ 8 Answers ]

A while back My girl and I moved in with her mother and step father. They both don't really like me... well actually... they don't like me at all. The only reason they let us move in was because of our son being small and my mom could not afford the heating bill. Anyway, I never felt welcome in...

I just can't find it in me to forgive my mother [ 2 Answers ]

The situation between me and my mother has always been rocky at the best of times... well since my teens anyway. But at one time we were really really close. About two years ago my mother and I had a falling out that has never really been resolved. My husband and I were having marital problems......

How do I forgive him? [ 7 Answers ]

My ex-boyfriend told my parents I was gay the night I broke up with him. They had NO clue I was anything but straight. I gave him the excuse that I was gay but really I have had no lesbian experience at all (I am 20). I broke up with him because he has a serious health issue which I now have...

View more questions Search