Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 18, 2007, 10:02 AM
    If you do decide to go with them, ( and I would not personally) but then I did not invest in Radio Shack in the 70's either.

They have a director in TN named Jay Napier ( hope I got the spelling right) now he is a super salesmen but with hours of research I could not find a single thing bad about him. If you are going to contact one of their people I would pick him. I go after him on this board a lot just because I have issues with the way the company is set up, the independence of the directors and no company to be held responsible it appears and the entire MLM idea. But I just want people to use their minds and really know that they can lose all of their investment, you may pay your fees, and never sell a vaction package, a lot of people are not sales people. Even some of the Costal groups that sell closing services, advertise that 95 percent of the people fail, of course that does mean 5 percent make it, not much difference than people who open any small business, most don't make it. So if you are going to open a dinner or a gift basket shop, or lawn mowing service, most never make it. That is just all we want people to realise, And of course Coastal has a track record of having some bad directors that have cheated people.
    I just don't know how esp with new directors how you can choose and know if they are going to be honest or if they are going to be like the few others who have cheated people. I just wish they had some company that controlled the directors or could be held legally liable if a director does wrong.
    matiasmommy Posts: 52, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2007, 05:10 AM
    Hi Spikey!

Well.. I don't know how much "helpful" or accurate information you have garnered on this forum. I respect you for trying to do your homework, however!

I would say to you this- obviously you are already thinking about working with a director. Get on net and search for THAT person's name- and see if there are complaints. Speak with his/her team. Get on their CSG winningwithcoastal website- read the anti spam and ethical business policy. Get on the global and on the live business question and answer calls- and ask EVERY SINGLE question you can possibly think of until you are satisfied for YOURSELF in your heart that this answers are both valid and genuine. Get it from the "horses mouth" so to speak.

THEN, go back to the internet and look for information that directly conflicts with the answers you have been given. Information is power, and accurate information is the difference between an informed decision and a gamble.

Father Chuck is right- and on a previous post has decided to "pump" Jay Napier. While I would agree that Jay is, in fact a successful and great guy- I would tell you that it is inaccurate to presume that a directors success will guarantee or ensure YOUR OWN success. I would also say it is MORE important to find the BEST director for YOU- in other words, someone who resonates with your personality and needs. Please note- and I am sure Jay himself will agree- that we are NOT salespeople. Jay is an expert internet marketer and promoter, though! Thankfully- with the system in place with the CSG- you don't NEED to have or develop that skillset if you don't wish to. I certainly did not have them, and still can't say I do- though I am working at it a bit now and having lots of fun! (I just started my own website a few weeks ago! I DID NOT have to- I wanted to- I have had pleanty of success just using the CSG MAC system, and that is what I teach! My new website is just a hobby for fun!)

We all have the resources of the CSG and BOD behind us- we all have an equal opportunity here. I have not found a "bad" director in the CSG- but myself, I researched for almost 2 years- all different groups and systems and over 34 directors before I found the right system and director for me. Not everyone does that- but I really NEEDED to- for myself and my own reasons.

And Father Chuck- just so you know- I am one of the very few independent directors who actually DOES offer a money back guarantee. I fully stand behind the CSG and what I do- I am very selective of whom I choose to work with and train- BUT I stand behind the system I use personally, the people I work with, the product I carry- and so- I expect that the new business owners I am training will follow the system and guidelines laid out for them and find their success as well.

The Board of Directors DOES monitor directors- and can strip directors releases. As for how to see if a new director is "any good"- I would first find an ethical group, like the CSG that they stand behind. Everyone starts somewhere- but if they are brand spanking newly released- I recommend that people talk to THAT person's director, and ask for references from that person and others they have worked with personally. Its always wise to Google their name and "scam" after it- if you find something- ASK about it and always follow your gut!

Best wishes for your success!

Jani Teeter
    L3 Director, CSG
    spikey111 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2007, 06:58 AM
    Thanks Fr_Chuck and Jani. Both of you have given me good solid info. Jani, I have googled the directors name and only came up with her property she owns. :) I will try it with the word scam after it. I have been researching this company for only a month now. I am not just jumping into this. It seem on the surface to work, but my wife and I have been burnt in the past. Fr_Chuck I understand that there is probably some bad directors. That scare the heck out of me because you are so right. How do you know? Anyway, I do not want to beat a dead horse on your forum. Especially since this topic has such a history here. I will take the info that all of you have given me and use it. I will continue to research CSG and Coastal Vacations and the director herself. Then make my decision. Thank you very much and I hope to talk with some of you again on other topics. Have a fantastic weekend everyone.

May 19, 2007, 07:47 AM
    Thanks for your input!

I actually know the director you are speaking with already.. I can assure you that if personal, one on one face time and mentoring is something that you and your wife value, you will get much more of that with her then on one of the "I make 6 billion sales a week and make a trillion dollars a year but only work 2 hours a day" big name directors.

Its just all about what you seek out and value in a director. Experience and longevity says one thing- another thing being newer, keener- having the learning curve more fresh in your mind- maybe being less experienced but more concerned with helping everyone to the best of your ability to establish your name, business and reputation.

Whatever you do.. do your research and your homework.

Cheers

Jani Teeter
    L3 Director, CSG
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 19, 2007, 08:25 AM
    Hello spikey:

I don't know Coastal Vacations from Amway. But, I know a scam when I see one. This ain't it.

In my view, there are only two ways a poor shmuck can get rich in this country: 1) real estate, cause you can buy it with no money in your pocket, and 2) MLM, because you can get into business with a very teeny amount of cash.

The problems, however, are twofold: 1) Picking the wrong MLM or, 2) misunderstanding the basics of the business. Neither of those are the MLM's fault.

The bottom line of any of these businesses, is sales. Cold calling day in and day out, ALL DAY LONG gets boring after the first week. Most people quit and think the MLM is a scam. A few don't (a VERY FEW), and they get rich.

excon
    spikey111 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2007, 11:02 AM
    Thanks Excon... great user name by the way, :) I'm still doing my home work. Been checking things out all day today actually. I found a lot of good info, and some bad info. I'll figure it out. I just wish the rain would stop here in New England so I could go outside for a while. Torrential downpour all day!

May 19, 2007, 04:58 PM
    Except.. I have to point out that Coastal is one of the few NON mlm businesses out there in the home based business market today. Also, we are NOT salespeople, and I, for one- do not "cold call" people. This is because the advertising I have chosen to do, some of it is organized for members by the CSG itself. Often, people actually CALL me!

But you are right.. a person has to pick the right business, and have the right knowledge and I would like to add tools, leaders and PRODUCT to go along with it!

I'm actually working on posting online a powerpoint presentation I did last weekend for a group of home based entrepreneurs. It is specifically about choosing a home based business, and what it takes to be successful. It isn't specifically about Coastal, but as I have been burned in the past, I know have a good knowledge of what is and is NOT a good thing, as well as what needs to be in place for success. I hope it helps a lot of people out, so they don't have to go through what I have!

Cheers

Jani Teeter
    L3 Director, CSG
    Expert

May 19, 2007, 05:20 PM
    Sorry Jani, no disrepect to you, but I guess after reading and reading, I hope we all can admit there has been a lot of things done wrong by at least several other or past Directors.

And if one director does you wrong, there is no master company to sue or go back to.

So the entire trust issue will depend if the director you are dealing with is honest or not,

So Jay has been easy to check on, And there is nothing wrong with being a sales person, that is not a dirty word, it is a pround professoin

May 19, 2007, 05:31 PM
    Yes, Father.. I do know that in this business, as in any other- there are people who are less then ethical. IMHO- they really OUGHT to be exposed, not Coastal- as scam artists and dirty cads.

If a director does something they should not- there are avenues. Everything from the group, board of directors and they authorities. I know of at least one (past) director, who did a lot of people harm and is serving time. His assests were seized, and people did get their money back.

Jay has been around for some time, he is an expert internet marketer. This is why he is easy to find. There are many people, around longer- who are doing equally well- but have not chosen as Jay and I have- to go outside the CSG MAC system for marketing.

Sales IS a noble profession, and the most highly paid in the world. I agree.. but I am CERTAIN Jay will stand up and say that we are absolutely NOT salespeople (I know because I have seen him say it elsewhere!)- at least those of us not doing retail. At least as far as the traditional "sales" industry goes.. our system does the telling and explaining for us. Our job is to get people information they request, and answer their questions. I for one, am not a pushy, slimey "salesperson" I don't cold call, I don't hound or badger people. Its NOT who I am, and I will never be that person. What I love about MY business- is helping people. Training people is what I do best. Its what I love, and I think it shows.

So seriously, if you want to pick up a complimentary vacation, step on over to my website. I'm no salesperson, but I would very much like to see you enjoy a Coastal Vacation for yourself!

Jani Teeter
    L3 Director, CSG
    Bocasean Posts: 147, Reputation: 20

Aug 9, 2007, 12:10 PM
    That's semantics... we ARE salespeople. Period. The methodology we use in selling the product varies from director-to-director, but the bottom line is that the Coastal template is built on people handing you money in return for a product and, hopefully, service.

And like Father Chuck says, if done in a classy, professional, respectful manner, sales is a noble profession.
    Expert

Aug 9, 2007, 12:14 PM
    And excon nothing wrong with Amway, I love their products.
    Maybe we can sell Amway products while on a Coastal vaction.
    Bocasean Posts: 147, Reputation: 20

Aug 9, 2007, 12:16 PM
    Haha... good call.

We should probably take some Melalueca vitamins to keep us healthy on our trip, and maybe use an EcoQuest air purifier in our hotel room for any foreign-soil contaminants :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Coastal Synergy [ 15 Answers ]

Is Coastal Synergy a legitimate business.

Coastal city with most rain [ 8 Answers ]

undefinedundefinedundefined Which coastal city would probably experience more days of rain? Daytona Beach,Florida, or Portland,Oregon, or Portland,Maine, or Baltimore,Maryland

Out of state vacations [ 3 Answers ]

I have joint custody of my two daughters . I am taking a vacation out of state with them for one week. Do I need permission from their father for the girls to go?

USA Coastal cities [ 1 Answers ]

Which USA coastal city experience the most rain, Daytona Beach, Flordia, Portland, Oregon, Portland, Maine or Baltimore, Maryland?

View more questions Search