Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kanu Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2005, 03:51 AM
    Help! What movie is this?
    I guess this must be a 70s or early 80s movie. A couple who had lost their only child travels to the countryside, to an old house, which belonged to their family. On their way they have an accident, crashing the car into a tree. They walk to the house. One of them starts hearing strange noises and voices and then begins to see ghosts in the house, of their family ancestors who had lived there. At the end, both of them can see the ghosts, they become terrified and decide to leave the place. When they reach their crashed car, they see themselves dead inside, and finally understand why they could see the ghosts, they were dead already. I have tried and tried to find out the title of this movie, no one recalls having seen it
    Any help would be welcome Thanks a lot
    ZRoHeRo Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2005, 09:42 AM
    Title
    voices 1973
    kanu Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2005, 09:53 AM
    Thanks :) I think that's the one. I'm having some trouble finding it for download, but I'm almost certain that's the answer.
    Thanks again
    ZRoHeRo Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2005, 07:30 PM
    You are welcome
    You are quite welcome.

Here is a little review by one Penny Dreadful, of Halifax, Nova Scotia:

This movie is quite difficult to locate, which is a shame for horror fans. In the past couple of years, more sophisticated films such as "What Lies Beneath" and "The Sixth Sense" have been giving scary movies a good name. "Voices" is from this class of thriller because it achieves its shocks through the use of story and character interaction, with an ending that leaves you wondering and frightened for days. It is a simple story about a young British couple who want to get away for a short, romantic vacation in a secluded area of rural England. The destination is unfamiliar to both, and the journey there is ripe with dialogue so realistic and ordinary (plain conversation, arguments, reconciliations) that one might initially think "Voices" is an arty, ad-libbed drama as opposed to a horror flick. This mundane aspect is all a ploy to throw the viewer off, however. Once the young lovers find the vacation house, the mood shifts eerily and the sense of something threatening and supernatural surrounds the couple. They become frustrated, confused and hateful towards each other as their romantic weekend slips through their fingers amidst a haunting neither one can identify. The audience are left equally bewildered, because there is no standard, knife-wielding lunatic creeping outside,and there is no demon locked in the cellar. There is merely this sense of accelerating decline in the characters that is fascinating to observe, and we find ourselves needing to know what happened en route that has resulted in this bizarre situation. Ultimately, the final ten minutes of the film answers all of our questions and makes the subtleties we were puzzling over seem more profound... and the couple themselves discover it as we do, with just as much sense of terror.

I tried looking for some download links too, but nothing. Good Luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Very Very Vague Description of 80's Children Movie... Need movie title [ 8 Answers ]

Ok there's probably no hope here but I'll try anyway... There is a movie I watched when I was very young and would like to get a hold of it. It was in the mid 80's when I watched it but the movie could have been made in the 70's sometime. Pretty much the only part I can remember is these...

Movie Title Help? 80's Movie? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello All. I need help with the title of a movie I remember from when I was younger. I think the movie was made in the 80's, but possibly early 90's. The main character was a man who came back to earth to help the son of a woman who he loved. She is now married and has a son in High School. I...

80s B movie [ 2 Answers ]

There was a movie that I only remember seeing the film like twice like 20 years back it delt with a Evil professor that had a treasure in a suit case with money and I believe deeds to the place and the evil professor made groups of people search for clues the only scene I remember is where a group...

Name this movie [ 1 Answers ]

Alls I remember is that there is this man and he's in a room like in a hospital all clean and white and he's on a bed and his whole life from birth till the end is getting shown to him on a big TV screen.

Does anyone know the name of this old movie? [ 2 Answers ]

I think it was British comedy. All I remember is that it was about World War II, had a ghost and a character that received radio signals through a filling in his tooth. Thanks, Rich

View more questions Search