Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sriszone Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2007, 10:18 PM
    My Samsung DVD writer reads only DVD disk,CD not reading
    My Samsung DVD writer reads only DVD disk,when I insert ordinary CD ,it can't read.I need to solve this problem
    carlo_scute Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

May 17, 2007, 11:52 PM
    Dvd players have 2 lasers,one to read cd's,the other to read dvd's.The other laser can be broken.My suggestion would be to try other types of audio cd's(not writeable ones).
    Detach the data cable and try a different one, or a different ide slot.
    If you have another PC,that's better.(just to eliminate connection problems)
    motichand Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2009, 11:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sriszone View Post
    My Samsung DVD writer reads only DVD disk,when i insert ordinary CD ,it can't read.i need to solve this problem
    DVD writer reads only DVD disk,when I insert ordinary CD ,it can't read.I need to solve this problem[/QUOTE]
    motichand Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2009, 11:39 PM

DVD writer reads only DVD disk,when I insert ordinary CD ,it can't read.I need to solve this problem[/QUOTE]
    SURENDAR99 Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Apr 28, 2009, 06:09 AM
    OK , I think you have not tried to clean the lens cleaner if you use an desktop you have to assemble you dvd writer and clean the soft lens only with any ear buds which where dipped in spirit . You should clean the lens very smoothly in a clockwise direction and be careful that you will not put pressure on the lens after that take a dry ear bud ( now don't use spirit this time )and clean the lens in same way as you done it before. And now fit your dvd writer to is usual position and see your dvd writer will work and it will read all your dvd's as well as cd's if it is supported to do so. :)
    Laarry Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Jun 26, 2009, 10:47 PM

My LG DVD writer is not reading cd`s but reading the dvd`s, I need to solve this problem.
    madhur77 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2010, 03:01 AM
    Dvd writer not reading cd?
    INTZAR Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2011, 10:05 AM
    Your dvd writer out of your PC and open 4 nuts and u clean cloth to wash your lens and insert the your pc/laptop and your dvd writer 100% working.
    INTZAR Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2011, 10:08 AM
    Comment on INTZAR's post
    Your answer are right thanks intzar

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help with my dvd writer [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I've just bought a external dvd writer and it will play things fine but if I put a blank dvd in it it says that the drive is not accessible incorrect function. Any advice would be appreacated Thanks Vyki

PC gets hang when DVD Writer reads CDRW/CDROM [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, My PC Spec: P4 2.8GHz , Intel Dualcore D946GZ Board,120GB SATA HDD, 1GB Transcend Mem XP SP2 with up-to-date security/critical updates,Trend PCCillin AV, Nero OEM Sony DVD +RW (Model AW-G170A - SonyNEC OEM). My issue is, when I try to read a CD ROM/CD on my DVD drive, it starts...

Dvd writer [ 3 Answers ]

Using a new writer I am successful in burning a disc but it will not play on my dvd player

DVD Writer [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I have a DVD Writer that can read dvd's but my problem is when I want to burn to it. It does not see the DVD-R (blank) in it. It's an HP 300n DVD/CD-RW. I updated the drivers and I reinstalled. The connection to the motherboard I believe are like a normal cd-rom.(power cable and the cable...

DVD writer [ 2 Answers ]

I'm planning to purchase a DVD Writer, can someone tell me what do I need to consider when I want to buy one. I want to know how much a dvd burner can burn on a DVD-rw. I was told that a 4.7G CD can only be burned to 4.4G capacity. Is it true?

View more questions Search