Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    krazy_alzan Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2005, 04:04 PM
    Explorer.exe at 100% CPU Usage Please Help!!
    When I'm on my laptop explorer.exe starts to use 100% of the CPU and I can't figure out y. It lasts about 10-20 minutes form when I start the computer and occasionally lowers then peaks again to 100%. I really need to figure this out because the cooling fan comes on and its really starting to get on my nerves
    basscleff Posts: 27, Reputation: 0

Jul 28, 2007, 07:28 AM
    Check for spyware and adware.
    virus scan running, or some applications are running in the background.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

CPU usage at 100% [ 20 Answers ]

My computer recently started to be very slow. I have a 800 mghz pentium. I'm running XP. I did a complete virus scan with Norton and found nothing. When I look at the processes, I can see the CPU is running at 100% most of the time. There's no specific file that is using all the power. Why is...

Pf usage [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering why my pf usage sky-rockets every time I open a specific folder. This folder is used to store all my Utorrent downloads. My system runs at about 375mb (pf usage) when hardly worked, then when I open this folder (named Downloads) 5 seconds later the pf usage goes up to 500mb then...

CPU Usage Remains at 100% [ 3 Answers ]

Recently, I discovered the CPU usage on one of my PCs will not fall below 100%. I've attempted everything I can think of to resolve the issue, including: - Running Ad-Aware SE - Performing an online scan from Trend Micro - Performing an online scan from Panda Software - Running Registry...

CPU Usage @ 100% [ 3 Answers ]

Every time I log onto the Internet, my CPU usage goes from like 2% to 100%. Once the page loads, it dies back down, but then when I click a link and try to load another page it goes back to 100%. Plus, the Comcast logo spins, then stalls, then spins, then stalls until the page loads. It never...

Explorer.exe is using 15,000K to 22,000K Memory, and up to 99%CPU usage [ 2 Answers ]

I do not use explorer for internet browsing, but when I am using windows explorer to select a file to open-- it freezes up at times. Sometimes it keeps going, but very, very, very slowly. The lowest that Mem Usage drops to is 15,000 and that is when only Task Manager is open, otherwise it is at...

View more questions Search