Ask
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2007, 10:39 AM
    Very true.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

May 17, 2007, 10:42 AM
    Anyway, Hope everything works out for everybody no matter who wins and who does not.

Canadian Idol will be starting after american idol is done I think.
    Uber Member

May 17, 2007, 10:43 AM
    It is kind of funny how the canadain judge tries to act like simon. The canadian version I find funnier at times. Especially when the judge picked up his seat and threw it at a really bad singer. If that is not a sign to leave, I do not know what is. Lol

It is all an act to get people going.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 17, 2007, 11:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by alkalineangel
    I agree Melinda was god,.
    I agree <eg>
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2007, 11:04 AM
    Hehe... missed that one... I need to spell check more often.. :P
    LuvMyMaltipoo Posts: 281, Reputation: 39

May 17, 2007, 05:18 PM
    Wow! Everyone should read this:

"Jordin recently won Arizona Idol, a singing contest held by Fox 10 in Phoenix, Arizona on September 15. As her prize, she received a Ford Fusion and a trip to Seattle to Audition for the sixth season of American Idol." (So did she win the plan ticket... or the short walk to "tryout" in front of the judges?)

"Jordin also won the Coca-Cola Rising Star Award in 2004." (Coca-Cola... hmmm, isn't that American Idol's big sponsor? )

AND... on the auditions show Paula asked why "Sparks" sounded familiar and it turned out that Jordin is the daughter of a New York Giants cornerback. It would be interesting to see how many other cornerbacks Abdul can name. (I don't think Paula's capable of keeping up with football!)

I like Jordin... but this is all sounded a little weird for me. Idol just seems really fishy this year.
    Uber Member

May 17, 2007, 09:15 PM
    Sniff Sniff, Whif Whif, Hmmmm. I Think Its Fishy Every Year. Maybe This Season Is Fishier.

Good Call.

Lol
    Retrotia Posts: 163, Reputation: 19
    -

May 18, 2007, 11:34 AM
    Jordin probably did "win" a plane ticket --- from the wording she won a trip to Seattle to try out.
    I know many people are very disappointed about Melinda. I am too. But there is a popularity factor to consider. How else would Blake still be there?
    All I know is that I think you can only vote once from the same phone #. Gosh, I hope that's true! And I don't think they could get away with fixing the votes in any way.
    So since Melinda is gone I'm rooting for Jordin all the way. Since I have to have a reason (!) to vote for her, I'll say it's because she sang "You'll never walk alone" We sang that song in assembly in music class in grade school! I always loved it, couldn't wait for the music teacher to play it so we could try to make the notes. OK boring I know.
    Just want to say that Blake sang "Imagine" & of all the John Lennon songs-that one I can't stand the words to(sounds like communism)
    So I love how she's been singing in the last half- so much passion & talent for 17.
    I bet her final song(s) blow it out of the building & wins by a mile!

You go girl! She works hard for the $, dum da dum...

It's been fun anyway!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 18, 2007, 12:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Retrotia
    All I know is that I think you can only vote once from the same phone #. Gosh, I hope that's true!? And I don't think they could get away with fixing the votes in any way.
    Actually no, you can vote multiple times from the same phone. I think there is a limit, but its not once.

I know I've been voting several times each week.

One thing I've been wondering. You know how on the award shows like the Oscars, Emmys, etc. they announce that the votes have been tabulated by the accounting firm of... I don't recall them ever saying how votes are counted or by whom.
    Uber Member

May 18, 2007, 01:11 PM
    Canadain idol, I will admit I have called before. There is no limit of how many times you can vote and for who. I could call up to 100 times and no limit. They actually encourage you to vote as many times as you want on Canadain idol.
    blondiechika05 Posts: 65, Reputation: 2

May 22, 2007, 02:48 PM
    Here's my take.

#1. Melinda should have been the winner, no question about it. My mother and I will be watching tonight (my father is boycotting) but we will not be voting because we wanted Melinda.

#2. First of all, American Idol should NOT be strictly a popularity contest. I mean, of course, people have to like the person in order for them to win and different people have different tastes. So someone who likes rock music would have voted for Gina or someone who likes beatboxing would vote for Blake.

Secondly, it should not be based on looks. Yes, Blake has looks but that has nothing to do with his voice.

Third, it should not be based solely on singing. Yes, it is a singing contest, but even if you have the best voice, if you don't have personality and passion, you'll get nowhere. Melinda had IT ALL. She could sing, she could act the song, she could do pretty much every genre.

By the way, any idea who counts the votes on AI? At the Oscars, they give the name of the law firm that's counting the votes. All Ryan Seacrest says is how many votes.

If you love Melinda, don't vote tonight
    Uber Member

May 22, 2007, 03:04 PM
    I can not vote anyway, I am not american.
    Tuscany Posts: 1,049, Reputation: 229
    Ultra Member

May 23, 2007, 04:35 AM
    I am a Melinda fan, but I have to say that Jordin did a great job last night.
    I was really impressed.
    -

May 23, 2007, 01:47 PM
    I voted for Jordin 7 times last night to make up for the times I thought you could only vote once!
    All I could find out was that a company called "America Votes" tallies up the votes & gives it to the show.
    Crossing my fingers for Jordin.
    Uber Member

May 23, 2007, 04:30 PM
    I hope jordin gets it. She deserves it and she has the best voice out of the two. 4 hours of voting. I can not believe it.

Retrotia, you should have voted for Jordin 100 times. Just keep hitting redial. I would have done that if I was allowed to vote.
    LuvMyMaltipoo Posts: 281, Reputation: 39

May 23, 2007, 07:57 PM
    I was very pleased with the results (I won't spoil it in case you TIVO or DVRed it).

Speaking of DVR, did you notice the show ran like ten minutes over? I'm sure glad my daughter got out of dance practice early, or I would have been upset to find that 2 hours later, the annoucement about who won wasn't on my DVR. I bet there are some angry people tonight.

And the 2 hours of filler, not quite as bad as I expected, although it wasn't great... I just didn't have high expectations to begin with.

I cannot believe they are still making fun of those friends that auditioned. How tasteless.

I loved watching Carrie Underwood perform tonight, she is spectacular.

Also... what happened to the build up to the results? They had 2 hours of pointless songs, and they were basically like OH YEAH, before we run out of time ______ is your winner, they will sing for you and we'll see you next year! WHAT SUSPENSE!

And, before I go... I'll admit I shed a little tear when the results were announced. I can get a little emotional. HAHA!

... Just a few random thoughts! ;)
    -

May 23, 2007, 08:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesushelper76
    Retrotia, you should have voted for Jordin 100 times. Just keep hitting redial. I would have done that if I was alowed to vote.
    Now that I am too old for! Looks like it didn't matter anyway. Yay for Jordin!

And the award goes to... GREEN DAY! lol.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 23, 2007, 08:11 PM
    WoooooooHoooooooo

I am not a big one for the beatbox. And Jordin was just so professional!!
    Uber Member

May 23, 2007, 08:21 PM
    J9 same here. Happy that Jordin one. She deserved it. Yay for Jordin go girl go.
    blondiechika05 Posts: 65, Reputation: 2

May 23, 2007, 08:54 PM
    Since it had to be between Jordin and Blake, I'm glad Jordin got it. However, I'm still really mad that Melinda didn't make it to the final. As for the filler, was there a Beatles theme or something? It was cool that they got all those people but didn't they realize, "hey this is going to go over time"? I actually plan on trying out next season. I don't think I'm the next Idol or anything, I just want to see if I can make it to Hollywood. If I do and it goes beyond that, great. If I do and I get sent home right away, I get the experience. If I don't even make it to Hollywood, oh well America's loss.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dual citizenship us/europe / voting [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I'm a dual citizen by birth. I was born in america when american citzenship came by default by having been born there and both of my parents are english citzens. I grew up in america but moved to london when I was seventeen and have been working here now for 8years. As the american...

Who likes American idol? [ 83 Answers ]

Well, the show just started another season & I'm all geared up for the entertainment! I usually watch it live or record it when I can't. Last week they started with the process of elimination. Some of these contestants were so bad but so humorous of course. Then after they get their walking...

Voting [ 11 Answers ]

What do you think is the best way to get people to go and vote? I'm not talking about any particular candidate or any particular age group, gender or background. I'm just talking about generally getting people to vote. What do you think is the best way to go about it?

American Idol - Who's it going to be? [ 14 Answers ]

So, who do you all think is going to win? Taylor or Katherine? My vote is Taylor, we need someone unique to win. :D

Any American Idol fans out there? [ 44 Answers ]

It's one of only 2-3 "network" TV shows we watch in my house... and for A.I. the eight of us are glued! I'm rooting for the Joe Cocker-ish fella, but am fairly sure he can't win.:( I predict the crooner was voted out yesterday. We'll find out tonight.

View more questions Search