Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hbuilder Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2007, 01:42 PM
    I used several distributions of Linux in various hardware configurations in the last three months. 80% of the time installation goes pretty smooth. 50-60% of the time even wireless gets detected. When wireless might need some tweaking and I always go for ndiswrapper, which internally uses the proprietary drivers released by the manufacturer for Windows XP. Out of all this I like Linux Mint which is based on Ubuntu (which in turn based on Debian) for its simplicity and elegant menu layout.

Linux Mint, PCLinuxOS, Sam Linux, SimplyMEPIS etc come with some of the proprietary drivers as well.

LinuxMint, SimplyMEPIS and SamLinux are all my favorites.
    adeptus Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2009, 04:31 PM

Ubuntu is the easiest transition from windows. Simple layout. Be careful using the synaptic package manager, you can mess up your software very easily. So do a lot of reading before you do anything with your software settings. If you need any help there is a online support help for just about anything you will ever come across.
    adeptus Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2009, 04:32 PM

Ubuntu Home Page | Ubuntu you can get a free cd mailed to you any where in the world.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Security downloads [ 4 Answers ]

Hi everyone again I have a problem with security downloads with the yellow and red shield on the tool bar:::no names mentioned but you know who::: They appear to be slowing my machine down and drinking up my hard drive storage space like no tomorrow... Can any one tell me the deal here......

Movie downloads [ 1 Answers ]

Hi,can anyone tell me if it is possible to download movies of the internet without the use of a credit card? I am asking because I don't own one thanks

Movie Downloads [ 3 Answers ]

As You Know, Morpheus Is A Website That Allows You To Download Music For Free W/o Use Of A Credit Card. My Question Is Are There Any Websites That Allow You To Download Movies For Free W/o Use Of A Credit Card?

Video Downloads [ 4 Answers ]

When I download any type of video from the internet (e.g. music videos, movies), the quality when played seems to be bad. Are all videos supposed to be blurry because they are compressed? Is there any way to fix this? Will the quality be better once burned in a high quality format? Please help...

Music etc. Downloads [ 2 Answers ]

I am interested in anyone's experience of downloading this unlimited service from:- http://www.radiohangout.com/133.html Is it worthwhile and genuine? George H.

View more questions Search