Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xegetical Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2007, 09:43 AM
    Do I need a license to become a Talent Agent in Fulton County Georgia (Atlanta)?
    If so, where do I go to get it, what are the requirements, and how much does it cost? What are the specific functions of a Talent Agent? I know what they do, but I have not a clue of how.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 16, 2007, 11:48 AM
    Ok, first if you don't even know what a talent agent is, you are along way from getting that license.

But in Fulton County ( atlanta) every busienss is suppose to have a city business license, ( down at city hall) they will check to see if the location that will be your office is zoned for commecial use, if not, you will have to then go to zoning and see if your property can get a waiver to be used part time commercial. Or you will have to get a office in a commercial area.

A talent agent will represent people in getting them paying jobs in the area of talent they work in, if you are working with models, you would find models jobs as models. If you ware working with bands, you would arrange jobs for bands. So you will need a lot of contract in the industry, you should be able to pick up the phone and get major figures in the industry you work in on the phone. So in Atlanta, if you can't name the name of at least 10 people who hire in your industry, you are not ready to be a agent yet. There are some firms that hire agents to work for them, most are fraud where they are selling head shots and web sites, but they seem to stay in business all around atlanta.

I will give you an example, my wife is a Gospel Singer, what will you do to find her some gigs ( performances ) that will pay ? Not non paying open mics, since they don't make her money, so you can't get money.

Or perhaps me, I do a lot of public speaking, where would you go to find me some speaking engagements ?
    Esty Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Jun 13, 2007, 09:19 AM
    I recently came upon a very useful site that makes available every Atlanta business license application as well as every business license, permit, and tax registration application for the entire U.S. You should check it out. They also offer help in finding out which business license one needs as well as the ability to apply online. The site is Business License, Get Every Business License Online 845-369-8799, California (CA) Business License, Florida (FL) Occupational License, Washington state Business License.:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Becoming a talent agent. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am in high school and am interested in becoming a talent agent. I was wondering what majors I should look into for this career and what can I do now to get a head start or help me get a better picture of the career? Thanks, Phi

Step by step needed to become and operate as a Talent Agent [ 17 Answers ]

Hi, I am interested in operating a Talent agency of my own, and would appreciate any information on where to begin the process. I know I need to get licensed and a surety bond in the amount of $50,000 according to the new standards, but I need to know where to go to get the application for...

Talent Agent? Where to start... [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I am new to this forum. I am looking into getting into modelling or acting management. Like an Agent. I was a model for a couple years when I was a teenager, and since having my son, I can't go back... I was hoping to stay in the industry, but on the management side. The fashion industry has...

2 months and have not received Fulton [ 2 Answers ]

I bought a Fulton 2 months ago paid in full. The store said that they did not have it in stock but will call when they receive it. He said about 1 week. I go there today to ask about the fulton and was told they have not received it and told me that he said he would call me when it came in. I told...

UK drivers license to US license (but with conviction) [ 2 Answers ]

I'm in the UK and I recently crashed my dad's car (without a license nor insurance). I am going to get my full license soon, but the motoring department in the UK have said that I WILL have a conviction on it (obvisouly, for crashing, driving without license/insurance, seatbelts, etc). I am...

View more questions Search