Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kcoyle Posts: 79, Reputation: 6

May 16, 2007, 09:16 AM
    Swelling of the feet
    I am 29 weeks along, and I noticed yesterday, that my right foot is swollen. It doesn't look too bad, but this morning it's still the same. Also it throbs when I walk and I can't feel two of my toes. I'm not sure if this is a big deal or not. Should I call my doctor, or is this normal?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 16, 2007, 09:19 AM
    This could be very normal for you as many wome have swelling of the extremities during pregnancy. However, to make sure, you should ALWAYS contact your doctor whenever something new occurs that you are concerned about.

May 16, 2007, 09:46 AM
    Whenever I call my doctor, the nurses just say that I'm a first time mother that worries too much, but that they will have the doctor call me. I have done that 3 times, and never got a call back from my doctor.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 16, 2007, 09:53 AM
    What concerns me is that your toes are going numb. Have you revealed this to the nurses?

Numbness is a sign of a circulatory problem. Have you had your glucose test yet?

If your doctor does not call back then you need to walk into the office and demand to see him or get a different doctor.

This could be a symptom of preeclampsia, or it could be nothing at all, but you don't know until you are examined.

Typically your extremities do swell during pregnancy but not one side more than the other.
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

May 16, 2007, 10:59 AM
    Even if you are being paranoid it's your right to see your dr. You are paying him for his services and in turn your paying his nurses for theirs. If they brush you off tell your dr. chances are he doesn't even know you called. Make an appoinment and talk to him. If you don't like the answer then take your business to another dr. Don't settle when it comes to the treatment of you or your baby. Stand up and put your foot down... not the swollen one...

May 16, 2007, 12:05 PM
    Thank you so much for your advice! I'm heading to the doctor when I get off work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Swelling Lump Behind Ear [ 2 Answers ]

When I was in middle school I on several occasions had a lump form behind my ear and my doctor told me it was simply a pimple. Those have come and gone, but now, in my early 20's, I have another lump. It began forming about a week ago, I dismissed it at first for another pimple but was un able to...

Swelling [ 2 Answers ]

I have swelling and fluid build-up in my groin area is this something to worry about? I've been to doctors they don't anythings wrong. I'm hurting. Is there something else to try?

How do I get my swelling to go down [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I got in a car accident sat. night and I had to go into the er and get stitches all over the inside and outside of my mouth. My question is I am really swelled up and was wondering what I can do to get the swelling to go down other that ice, and I think my cuts are already infected what can I...

Pain And Swelling In The Foot [ 1 Answers ]

My Girlfriend Woke Up The Other Day With Pain And Swelling In Her Left Foot At First We Just Thought She Had Possibly Sprained It Somehow But Just Now She Felt Like A Popping Sensation And Can't Put Any Pressure On It! Any Ideas? Cheers

Swelling with proactiv solution [ 5 Answers ]

Help with skin care, I'm 32 yr old black family. One year ago I started using proactiv solution.But a friend told me about a product that I should try and I did with no success I went back on proactiv but now I am getting a puffy eye just in my right eye{or} swellness ::)please could someone...

View more questions Search