Ask
    paganheart71 Posts: 27, Reputation: 4

May 16, 2007, 06:07 AM
    Mother cat
    How do you tell if a mother cat is producing milk for her new borns
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 16, 2007, 07:13 AM
    If you watch when they are feeding then I guess that is enough to let you know. I don't know if she will let you 'express' a nipple, she might become alarmed. What is the purpose of your question ? Do you have doubts the kittens aren't getting enough nutrition ?

May 16, 2007, 02:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle
    If you watch when they are feeding then I guess that is enough to let you know. I dont know if she will let you 'express' a nipple, she might become alarmed. What is the purpose of your question ? Do you have doubts the kittens arent getting enough nutrition ?
    Well the last time she had a litter of kittens they passed away (first litter) I don't think she was producing any milk and I want to make sure that she is producing milk this time
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 16, 2007, 02:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paganheart71
    well the last time she had a litter of kittens they passed away (first litter) i don't think she was producing any milk and i want to make sure that she is producing milk this time
    That is one piece of information that you should have said in your first post. How are we supposed to react if you don't give us all the information.

There could be a few variables. Did you see a vet to get her a check up and find out why the entire litter died ?

May 17, 2007, 06:00 AM
    My husband took the mother into the vet she is producing milk they gave her a shot, to make sure she has extra milk and to clean out her insides. The kittens got checked to they are fine and healthy. Thank you for your help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bathing a mother cat [ 3 Answers ]

My cat gave birth to two kittens yesterday. She is a very young mother, and we are proud of her cause she is being very good. My question has to do with her hygiene. She has white fur on her back legs and it became very stained with red throughout the birthing process. We cleaned the blanket and...

How long can mother cat nurse kittens [ 6 Answers ]

Could someone please tell me how long a mother cat can nurse kittens. I am feeding a feral cat, and she has had kittens 5 or 6 weeks ago I think. I give her good quality and variety of cat food, and I have also been putting kitten food in the dishes in case the kittens are now able to eat by...

Mother cat had kittens in a shed! [ 2 Answers ]

Hi.  I need some advice on what to do.  A strange cat started coming to our house, and we started feeding it.  Now it thinks this is it's home.  It kept coming back, and after a while we realized it was preagnant.  It started getting really fat, and then this morning when I saw it it was really...

View more questions Search