Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Saga lout Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2005, 05:11 AM
    Packard Bell Diamond 1200 plus flat bed scanner
    Hello
    I have one of the above scanners. Since I upgraded to Windows Xp Pro I cannot get it to scan. When I look in System Manager it says that the scanner is installed OK and the icon shows on the My Computer screen
    Is this a problem with my scanner or my USB installation? Anybody any ideas or solutions?
    Thanks
    John Oz
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 26, 2005, 05:21 AM
    Did you check for updated XP drivers? Pack Bell is long gone so I doubt if this scanner is supported any longer. Many scanners would not work with XP or needed new drivers.
    SESaskDFC Posts: 214, Reputation: 17

Apr 26, 2005, 05:30 AM
    Howdy:

The following link is supposed to be the XP driver for this scanner..

http://support.packardbell-europe.co...80100.asp?c=ap

And, the patch for it..

http://support.packardbell-europe.co...60100.asp?c=ap

Murray
    frittish Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2008, 01:27 PM
    I really had a tough time but finally I managed to install the PB Diamond 1200 plus scanner. My trick was using some files from an old C-partition backup mede before upgrading to SP2.

Today I have an XP-installation upgraded to SP3 and the scanner works perfectly with panel functions.

This is a somewhat stripped installation. I have removed all but the panel and scanner Twain settings installation like games, and FineReader

These are the steps I followed.

As this was a reinstall I first completely removed the old (not working) folder

"C:\Program files\Packard Bell Diamond 1200Plusprogram"

As this folder got locked by a previous attempt to install the scanner I hade to switch to another OS, on a separtate partition and remove it from there. But you might be able to remove the folder it if you start XP in safe mode (pressing F8 while booting up) See also below.

I used part of a method found in one of the fourums :

A. Make sure you have the product CD. If you haven't this can work with drivers found on the web, I have only tried with the CD-drivers.

B. Plug the scanner in.

C. Windows will ask for the drivers. Tell it to search for them and then specify a location. Specify the WinXP directory on the CD.

3. I pasted copies of the two old folders from the old (made before SP2) installation

"C:\Program files\Packard Bell Diamond 1200Plus"
    "C:\Pnp"

I believe these both folders have standard content, that is independent from hardware configuration. I have made them available in a zip-file here : http://www.adastramedia.com/pb_scann...PB-folders.zip

If this does not work you might have to try to make an installation from the product CD and then replace the "C:\Program files\Packard Bell Diamond 1200Plus" with the old revcovered version. Problem is to delete this folder. As mentioned it gets locked and you will have to find a workaround to delete it, maybe by booting up in recovery mode, using the with the Windows insallation CD or any other bootable recovery disk.

Good luck

/fredrik

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bell Trap [ 9 Answers ]

Can someone explain what a bell trap is? I have in my older home what I think are metal bell traps. Grate has a bell shaped cup that goes over drain. Is the theory that a small amount of water lays in the drain sealing the bell to drain and sewer smell out, but still allows water to drain off the...

Saved By The Bell Trivia? [ 9 Answers ]

Haven't seen the show in ages but still remember episodes like yesterday. O.K. on with the trivia. 1. What actress played Schreeche's girlfriend Violet? 2. What was the name of the high school they all went to? 3. What was the Song Jessie Spanno sang in her room while she was addicted to...

Overheated Trane 1200 Compressor [ 3 Answers ]

We have a two-zoned central AC units. The compressor for the upstairs zone works normal. We are having problem with the downstair unit. The compressor some times does not start and some times trips the breaker switch. After replacing the breaker switch (40 Amps) it was running and cooling fine...

Packard bell diamond 1200 plus scanner won't install [ 15 Answers ]

Hi I have a Packard bell diamond 1200 scanner plus and when I tried to install it the other day it said it couldn't verify it certificate and continuing with the installation could destabilize and impar my computer, the thing is that I installed it before and its worked fine but I don't know why it...

Packard Bell BIOS Upgrade [ 3 Answers ]

I havea 1997 PB PL2220. Have maxed memory to 128mb, 48x16x48 burner, 56x CD ROM, 8.4 G WD HDD with ATA66 (PCI card added). Works good, but slow. I downloaded BIOS update for the 680 M. Board, but when I try to update, the program starts to configure the blank floppy disk, dos type script says...

View more questions Search