Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    andreamarie Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2007, 08:22 PM
    Hi. I am working on family history and stuck
    Im happy to join everyone and hope I can help as well as get some help.
    My reason for being here is I am researching family history for my daughters and ran into a few snags.
    I just recently discovered that even though my grand-father (now deceased) represented himself as an only child he was not. He had 2 siblings Orrin born about 1903 & Alma born about 1901. They are in the 1910 census and cannot be found any place else.
    I need to find out what happened to them.
    Grandpa told the whole family all kids included he was an only child. His wife who grew up with him told same tale yet knew better.
    Any ideas ?
    Everything else adds up.
    Thanks for listening.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

May 16, 2007, 03:48 AM
    Do you have access to the 1920 and 1930 Censuses? The above links are all quite good... and here are some others: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/geneal...ice-48294.html

Are these people you are researching in the US? I've got a subscription to the US databases at Ancestry.com; if you'll give the last name, I'll plug them in and see what comes up.
    andreamarie Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2007, 11:31 AM
    Hi again.
    Thank You all.
    Yes I tried ancestry and roots web. That is how I found Alma & Orrin even existed.
    The Lds even list them as craven & Evas children and nothing more.
    Last name is FAIRCHILD(s)
    The S was removed in the early 1900's by most relatives.
    I haven't checked other countrys, that is an idea.
    Thanks again.
    andreamarie
    ElfGirl777 Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Dec 30, 2011, 12:36 AM
    Was Eric your Grandfather?It looks as though he was the adopted son of Craven & Eva.Perhaps that is why he said that he did not have siblings? ~
    United States Census, 1900 Mississippi Lincoln 0092 Beat 1 (excl. Brookhaven town) New Cort House Precinct
    https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-11668-10824-8?cc=1325221
    name: L Eric Fairchild
    residence: Beat 1 (excl. Brookhaven town) New Cort House Precinct, Lincoln, Mississippi
    birth date: Apr 1899
    birthplace: Mississippi
    relationship to head of household: Adopted Son
    father's birthplace: Mississippi
    mother's birthplace: Mississippi
    race or color (expanded): White
    head-of-household name: P Craven Fairchild
    marital status: Single
    enumeration district: 0092
    page: 13
    sheet letter: B
    family number: 266
    IdaOsborn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2012, 12:59 AM
    Wow, you've been doing a great work, andreamarie!
    As the question is quite old, I wonder how the things go with your family tree now and whether you've found everybody?
    Look, if you need to save all the given information about your relatives, you can try a family tree maker here http://thefamilytreemaker.org/. That's what I use for my research. Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Greek family history -- Ammos, Greece [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am doing family history research. I need to identify the municipality or location of municipal offices for the village of Baliaga, also known as Ammos, in Greece. The closest large city to Ammos is Kalamata Thanks!

Checking the history if the history has been deleted [ 3 Answers ]

I want to know all the sites my family has been visiting on the web. How do I check that if the history has been erased/deleted? Thanks in advance.

Blended family means family to me, should it not to my husband as well? [ 6 Answers ]

HI, I just really need to know if I am way off base here. Last night my husband told me that"you need to understand how it is going to be between my daughter and myself." " when it comes to special events, even if they conflict with your boys(his stepsons) and in the future if we have children of...

I'm stuck [ 4 Answers ]

I managed to find a record in a 1930 census showing my great grandfather is a William Naratzka born 1851 in Germany. That is the ONLY reference I can find for him and I have no idea of his wife's name. I have went though sites all day and am getting no where. Anyone have a suggestion? His...

History [ 2 Answers ]

You know the thing that comes down when you type a letter in the Google or any other thing, like you type 't' and you see the column coming down that shows everything you have searched that started with that leeter, what is that called. How do you earse that? I know what your thinking, and no I...

View more questions Search