Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    johnmurieldandy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2007, 12:16 PM
    Excel insert row
    Studying ECDL using ABCOL Blackboard. Unable to insert blank row. i.e. without it being numbered. To form two lines of heading a column
    John Clark
    WvR Posts: 16, Reputation: 3

May 17, 2007, 04:22 AM
    You have to merge the cells on excel select the rows and columns you want to in the form heading click on Format - cell - allignment merge or simply click on the merge icon
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 17, 2007, 05:58 AM
    Its not clear what you want. If you want a heading to have multiple lines, format the cell to allow Wrap Text (Alignment tab). You can then use Alt+Enter to insert a line break.

You can't insert a row without it being assigned a number.

If you merge multiple rows, you will have the same issue about wrapping text.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Last row of laminate floor does not lay flat [ 6 Answers ]

We can not get the last row (2.5 inches wide) to lay flat. The piece does not snap in. We are using a Shaw laminate that is approx. 7.5 in wide and 47.5 in long. We have tried using a mallet and bar to no avail. Is there a trick that we are not using? Should we trim off the bottom part that...

There are lot of Questions I've got to ask (late periods twice in a row, cramps) [ 1 Answers ]

Do you know how most girls "mistake spotting for their period" is that because its kind of a lot of blood? Well anyway I've been having a lot of pains for the past 5 days my period is late, and Last months my period was late again but came a week later I took a test and it said I wasn't...

Query regarding converting column to row in MS Access [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have table in MS Access as bellow Name Date Time In_Out X 25/1/07 09:00 AM IN X 25/1/07 12:00 PM Out X 25/1/07 01:00 PM IN X 25/1/07 07:00 PM Out Y 25/1/07 12:00 PM IN Y 25/1/07 06:00 PM Out

Inserting a row in Excel [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to insert a row and keep getting this error message that it cannot shift non blank cells off worksheet. I have never seen this before and never had a problem inserting a row, what do I do.

View more questions Search