Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sister1040 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2007, 11:47 AM
    Shower diverter pull-up not working
    I had my bathroom renovated a few months ago. I went to take a shower yesterday, pulled up the diverter and it didn't stay up. When I manually pulled the diverter up - the shower still didn't work. Only the bathtub works. Is there anything I can do to fix this myself? It's a new fixture.
    darrel1953 Posts: 86, Reputation: 12

May 16, 2007, 09:33 AM
    Hi Sis, It sounds like you need a plumber. What happened to the guy who installed it? Any way if you want to learn more about tub spouts go here Tub Spout To answer you question directly you need to carefully remove the tub spout and cap it off. This will show you if the shower works at all. If it does replace your old diverter tub spout with a new one. Bada Boom Bada Bang. See you.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 16, 2007, 10:41 AM
    Here is a quick test. Hold your hand as tightly as possible over the spout and slowly open the faucet. If the water never reaches the shower head you likely have a bad/plgged diverter valve. If you don't feel confident in opening the valve and inspecting just call a pro. It will cost you a service call, parts and about 1 hour labor if it's a bad valve.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton bay ceiling fan (will pull strings) stopped working [ 5 Answers ]

I have Hampton Bay remote ceiling fans in 3 rooms of my new home I bought. I did not install them and now one has stopped working. It does not turn on with the remote or with the pull strings and there is no wall switch. I called Home Depot and they told me it was probably the receiver and to...

Leaky shower bypass (diverter?) pull pin [ 1 Answers ]

Can you repair a shower spigot bypass (diverter? What is the proper term?) pin that leaks when the shower is in operation,or do you just need to replace the whole fixture?

Need Help Fixing Shower Pull Up [ 1 Answers ]

When I pull up knob for shower the water comes out of both the shower head and the spout below. So very little water pressure coming from shower head.

Shower diverter not working [ 1 Answers ]

Water comes from both the shower head and the faucet. I thought that it was just a problem with the diverter on the faucet, so I bought a new one and installed it today (Danco adjustable tub spout with diverter 88434). No luck! It still comes from both the shower head and faucet. If I pull up...

New Diverter Valve not working [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I have read a couple of the threads on diverter valves and thought I might ask this question for some help. Ok here is the background on the problem and how we went about solving it. First this is a house that was built in 1971 so nothing new. The bathroom on the main floor has a three...

View more questions Search