Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mobear71 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2007, 11:27 AM
    A convicted felon marrying another felon

I am a felon and my fiance' has just been picked up by the feds and we were going to get married in 2 weeks. I am wondering if I can still marry him in the federal jail. I know that the government shuns felons around other felons but, we have 3 kids together and I would think that they would allow that. If anyone has been in this situation please let me know what to expect.
    kellkell Posts: 43, Reputation: 9

May 15, 2007, 05:03 PM
    Maybe your institutional parole officer as part of your case management team can help you reference the laws in your area to find an answer.
    paullafrance Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2008, 11:15 AM

Hey mobear. Have you thought about getting your felony expunged??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Passport for convicted felon [ 3 Answers ]

Can a convicted felon get a passport?

Passport for a convicted felon [ 4 Answers ]

My fiancé and I want to get married on a cruise ship in apr of '08. Since the laws have changed we have to get passports. He is a convicted felon for dui/manslaughter. It has been almost 6yrs since the accident. Can he get a passport? If so do we apply as normal or are there other steps that should...

Convicted Felon [ 6 Answers ]

Hello All I have a federal felony for Bank Fraud. I'm currentlty on probatin and It will end December 2008. So my felony will be on my record once my probation is over. Now I'm engaged and my Fiance' is enlisted in the United States Air Force. His orders will send him oversea's More than likely to...

I am a convicted felon [ 5 Answers ]

I live in the state of California so if anyone can help me please or give me any advive I would appriecate it very much. I am a recovering addict. I have almost five years clean. When I was using, I was a totally different person and went a little crazy, stupid crazy. Anyway, I was convicted of...

Convicted Felon [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a convicted felon. I would like to marry my boyfriend that is not a native or a resident of the united States. Is there a waiting period for me to file for his residency?

View more questions Search