Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    user588223 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2007, 08:07 AM
    Intake valve stuck
    Hi, this is Peter

I have a Craftman lawn mover won't start. I found out that is the intake valve stuck close
    I took of the intake and cleaned it. It fire up but then after 3 minutes it shut off and stuck again. I try to clean the valve and valve guide up to 3 times and it done same thing over again. Please adsive me what could be wrong?

Thank You
    Dr D Posts: 698, Reputation: 127

May 15, 2007, 09:56 AM
    If the intake valve was sticking open, then cleaning the guid or checking for a broken valve spring might work. Since it is stuck closed, you must have a bad lobe on the cam, because that is what opens the valve.
    user588223 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2007, 11:11 AM
    I had open the gear box and verify the cam, it was find.

The valve got stuck by something's yellowist deposited (coking) on stem valve, I have to use a hammer to removed it. Is there possibility that oil may leaking by the seal and coked up when it under heat? Or is it the valve warping?
    newaukumdon Posts: 525, Reputation: 44

May 15, 2007, 10:45 PM
    It has to be stuck "open" impossible to be stuck closed and run at times. Use a carbcleaner and clean like crazy, probably will have to remove and clean well. It is due to pooooor gas on the market today.

Don

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stuck valve stem [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to remove the valve stem in the shower (hot water) and I can't get the stem to come out. The piece that has the flat sides (only 2) I believe is supposed to unscrew and it won't budge. I would like to avoid breaking it but it won't budge. What can I try?

Fixing a leaking intake valve [ 12 Answers ]

Do I need to call a plumber to fix a leaking intake valve for cold water to my washing machine -- is this a soldering job? The valve leaks when I open it, and drips even when I shut it closed clockwise. Thanks, I tried searching this page and didn't see any previous posts, sorry if I am repeating...

Airlock problem on water Intake valve into House [ 3 Answers ]

I have a house that is 4 1/2 years old. I am on city water and all of a sudden about just over 1 month ago I started having a banging problem on the major water intake Valve into the house when I flush the toilets, washer starts filling up with water, turning on the Taps in the basement. This...

Gas valve noise on main valve engagement [ 1 Answers ]

I have a carrier 58gs100ga furnace with a white rodgers 36e93 gas valve. The main gas valve solenoid chatters or rattles for a split second before it stays engaged after the pilot is proved. I just replace the spark/lock out board and the fan board for a different problem. This chatter is...

View more questions Search