Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    graeme Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2005, 03:27 AM
    Asus K8V SE deluxe motherboard
    Can anyone help me please? I have recently installed a new Asus K8V SE deluxemotherboard and AMD Athlon 64 CPU but can't get any image on the monitor - I have tried 3 monitors now. The graphics card is Tornado GeForce 2 MX400 (64MB, AGP). I have 512MB memory installed. I am wondering if the graphics card is compatible with this motherboard?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 25, 2005, 05:28 AM
    Does the Mobo have an onboard video adapter? If so, did you disable it? Does the mobo support AGP? You should be asking Asus to check compatibility.

Apr 25, 2005, 06:15 AM
    Thanks, Scott
    The mobo doesn't have onboard graphics and I have tried Asus website but not much help with this issue - but thanks for your interest
    Faloc Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2005, 11:31 AM
    Try putting your 512MB ram to Slot 1 on your motherboard :P

Hope that works!

Jul 17, 2005, 01:46 PM
    Thanks Faloc - it is in Slot 1 on the motherboard though. Actually I solved the problem - it's embarrassing to say but I hadn't plugged one of the power plugs into motherboard. My old mobo only had one power plug and I didn't realise higher spec ones need a separate power supply for processor! Whoops.

I do have a different problem now - I can only get the PC to boot after it's been switched off if I unplug from the mains and leave it for a while - not a big problem since I can get it working, but a bit inconvenient sometimes. Any ideas on that one?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe and barton amd [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Could someone tell me what is the best chip I can put in this motherboard please? I was told it was a barton but which one? Thank you in advance :)

Sonic Deluxe? [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know if the Sonic Deluxe game for PS2 is any good? I use to have sonic games on my old PC, but this is different, because it's on PS2. Thanks

Asus p4p8x 865p mb & P4 2.4/800fsb [ 2 Answers ]

Hi My specs asus p4p8x mobo 2 x 256 PC 400 RAM 2.4 ghz ati 9800 pro Know I recently installed 2 new sticks of ram 2 x 256 PC 400. To move the computer up to 1 gig. When I started up the computer I would get Overclocking Failed error. I got around that by manually setting the RAM...

ASUS P4P800 e deluxe [ 3 Answers ]

Hey Gang, How good is the ASUS P4P800 e deluxe MB? Looking to build a DAW for home studio. Thanks STU

View more questions Search