Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    emiflea Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2007, 01:35 AM
    "Best Friend" talking SMACK about me
    My best friend (we'll call her "Kacie") accidentally saved her Myspace password on my computer from the last time she was here, so out of curiousity, I logged in and read something I was probably NEVER meant to read. This is a message she sent to her good male friend, who's girlfriend has not liked me for a long time, and he probably doesn't either. Here is the message:

"ps, Tell (his girlfriend) I always liked her more than (me) pretty much. BUT DO NOT TELL (me) THAT. I do like (me). She is nice; a little annoying and pretentious of course but still one of the only people I know who hasen't screwed me over."

I know I shouldn't have been snooping, but ? I feel like I'm being used kind of, who calls the person they say they love so much and their "best friend" annoying and that they like their friend's girlfriend more than they like me? She hangs out with me, and talks to me all the time, she never talks to his girlfriend. I guess I should add that about six months ago, I dated Kacie's ex-boyfriend, but he cheated on me with her (we weren't friends until about four months ago... and I don't care about my ex at all... they are exes now, I was most glad to get HER friendship), maybe she's still secretly mad at me for it? I want to mention it to her, I'm MAD and hurt, if I don't talk to her for a few days, or tell her I'm mad, I'm going to have to tell her why I'm mad, and "I LOGGED INTO YOUR MYSPACE AND READ THAT MESSAGE" is not as bad as what she said about me, but not good either. What do I do, I love her, she is my really good friend, do I assume she was just trying to get on his good side, or that she is just using me and talks sh** about me all the time? I don't know what to think, or how to talk to her about it. Help!!
    phoenix1664 Posts: 226, Reputation: 19

May 15, 2007, 01:46 AM
    Well I snooping in your friends my space was not a good thing to do to start with, but I think here (I dated Kacie's ex-boyfriend, but he cheated on me with her) that you should have been the angry one not her, you could ask her about it but not obviously just ask if she likes this girl and things like that if you think she is lying then tell her, you might be right she might not have meant it it might have just been to get into his good books.
    oh octopi Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

May 16, 2007, 02:22 PM
    The way your friend sounded, it seemed like she was just trying to get on his good side. If she truly felt that way about you, she wouldn't have been like "oh well i still like her, and she's my friend and all" she wouldn't even admit that. She'd probably say something along the lines of "no, i really don't like her at all you know? i just chill with her when i'm bored, and i feel (whatever way) about her, so i tell her we're friends, and plus she has (enter something you have that she doesn't here) so that's a bonus." although it isn't right of her to say anything bad about you since you're supposed to be best friends.
    Przk89 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2010, 04:58 PM
    I think you should really talk to her, I mean, as oh_octopi said, it really didn't seem like she was being totally evil (lol). She probably slipped, it happens to everyone. Be honest to her about what you did, and ask her for honesty in return. Also, even though she's your best friend, you shouldn't get mad about her having OTHER friends (even though what she said wasn't cool with me). And remember, even if she really doesn't want to be your friend anymore, I'm 100% sure you'll find someone else (let's hope it doesn't come to that). That's just my opinion though, follow your gut! ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A/C or Heat does not work w/thermostat set "on" or "auto". [ 22 Answers ]

A/C or Heat doesn't work in "on" or "auto". Fan will not come on at the "on" position either. I changed the batteries in the thermostat. I also read somewhere to disconnect the "Y" and hold it to the "R" on the thermostat for two minutes. That will tell me if the thermostat is the problem. ...

Friend refuse to repay the loan "verbal agreement" [ 13 Answers ]

I loaned a friend for $500 having an verbal agreement that she will return the money in few weeks. I helped her as she had won a lawsuit against her lanlord of $4000. Now after 3months, she is not responding my emails, disconnecting my phones. Scaring me that she will make harrasement charges...

"friend" I think is dangerous and would like to get rid of. [ 1 Answers ]

I met this guy 'Matt' about a month ago and the guy just seems off to me. He reminds me of a serial killer in a lot of ways. I play in a band and he started jamming with us and he's good at his instrument, but he makes me and the other members really uneasy. He keeps referring to himself as a...

Desperately need advice about "best" friend. [ 7 Answers ]

Ok, first of all, this will be quite lengthy... so I apologise in advance. I was best friends with a girl for 8 years. We fought sometimes but never anything major, until just over 2 years ago. I was dating a guy that I met through her. I wasn't in love with him, but I really really liked him...

View more questions Search