Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mechanically Challenged Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2007, 11:50 PM
    GE Washer not Draining
    I have a GE washer with selfcleaning filter. I washed a carpet with rubberbacking and it all came off. The water will not drain now. I know the filter is under the agitator. I don't know how to get the agitator off to clean it manually. I have pulled the fabric softener container on the agitator off but I can't see what to do next . The agitator has 2 parts to it.The model # is GJSR2080T5WW.
    bikerguy Posts: 87, Reputation: 13

May 15, 2007, 06:31 AM
    No one has responded to this, Does anyone Know anything about GE washer? Bump
    LordLethal Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

May 15, 2007, 06:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechanically Challenged
    I have a GE washer with selfcleaning filter. I washed a carpet with rubberbacking and it all came off. The water will not drain now. I know the filter is under the agitator. I don't know how to get the agitator off to clean it manually. I have pulled the fabric softener container on the agitator off but I can't see what to do next . The agitator has 2 parts to it.The model # is GJSR2080T5WW.
    I am a factory trained appliance tech and ge is my main bread and butter so I see this all the time. Don't worry about the filter you need to take the front off the machine and get to the pump on the front rt. Side at the bottom and take the hoses off and clean the pump out and you will be ready to wash again let me know

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Washer not draining [ 1 Answers ]

Why want my washer drain the water?

Washer Draining question [ 1 Answers ]

When the washer drains the water comes up through the kitchen sink,looking for an easy fix Speedball

Trouble with washer draining. [ 1 Answers ]

I live in the city. I noticed that when I wash clothes that the drain water comes up in the bathroom tub and also the toilets. Is there anything that I can do to fix this? Can I use some draino or something in the washer drain? Thank you...

Washer Drain Not Draining [ 3 Answers ]

We just purchased a used W/D. It is Maytag Performa. When the spin cycle turns on you can hear the drain pipe fill up with water and then I spews water out of the pipe all over the ground... It does this every time no matter what temp. the water is or if there is soap or not. I have tried bending...

View more questions Search