Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    greame Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2007, 06:44 PM
    Installing a space saver microwave over a range
    I need to install a microwave spacesaver above the range. What kit would I need to purchase to install the microwave (GE brand) and also if it is to be attached to the bottom of the cabinet with the rear being attached to the sheetrock (wall) what would I need to set up the exhaust?
    RichardBondMan Posts: 832, Reputation: 66

May 14, 2007, 07:33 PM
    Here's what normally comes with the microhood when you purchase it - 1) Two very long screws, nuts and washers that attach the unit to the bottom on the cabinet and that screw into the two screw holes in the top of the microhood 2) Perhaps, but not always, a metal frame that attaches to the sheetrock behind your range to mount on the wall before attaching the microhood to the wall 3) A piece of paper (I forget the exact name) that helps you mark exactly where to attach the back of the microhood directly to the wall on the metal frame that goes between the wall and the micrhood. 4) a 110V cord with either prongs or no prongs on one end ----------- depending on whether on not your old range hood/vent is exausted to the outside through a vent pipe, you will need (or will not need if not exausted to the outside), a metal vent pipe adapter to adapt the approx usual 10 in 4 in rectangular exhaust opening in the top of your new microhood to perhaps what is a round outside exhaust pipe. This adaptor can usually be purchased from a heating/ac contractor or supply house or perhaps even a retail outlet such as Lowe's or Home Depot. Most microhoods sold today can either be vented to the outside or not. If not vented to the outside, you will note that the exhaust normally flows out through vents just above the microhood door. You will need either an outlet to plug the 110V cord into or I believe, though not sure, you can wire direct to a 110V source by using electrical connectors.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

May 15, 2007, 05:31 PM
    RichardBondMan has it. The word that escaped him, was Template.
    You will have to drill a hole through upper cabinet for electrical cord to go through.
    It can be located with the template.
    LordLethal Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

May 15, 2007, 05:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by greame
    I need to install a microwave spacesaver above the range. What kit would I need to purchase to install the microwave (GE brand) and also if it is to be attached to the bottom of the cabinet with the rear being attached to the sheetrock (wall) what would I need to set up the exhaust?
    Do you already have the m/wave?
    mjd2011 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2011, 07:23 PM
    Not if you get an over the range microhood 85032. Has a vent in it and don't need to exhaust it outside...
    You need a plug in the cupboard or behind the microwave...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Microwave oven installing [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me how to install an above stove microwave oven I have no manuals for this maytag oven #mmv4205aaw thanks

Over the range microwave [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am currently in the process of upgrading the appliances in my kitchen. I was wondering what the minimum distance between the top of the range and the bottom of the over the range microwave would be. Also as a side note, I am curious as to what major appliances require an extended warranty? ...

Installing an Over the Range microwave [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to install an over the range microwave, but the area I have to work with is only 13" from the bottom of my cupboard to the top of my range. Any ideas?? Nancy:

Over the Range Microwave Oven [ 2 Answers ]

I am installing a new Over the Range Microwave Oven in my kitchen. I have already installed a dedicated outlet box with a 15 amp outlet (14/2 wire) to plug the oven into (nothing but the microwave will be plugged in to the outlet). The installation Instructions for the oven say the oven should be...

Overhead microwave range [ 2 Answers ]

I want to install an overhead microwave?

View more questions Search