Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Purfekshunist Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2007, 10:38 AM
    [QUOTE=mysonneil]Hi! Appreciate help...
    I am White, my son is Spanish,

Unless your son is from Spain, he is not Spanish. To be your son's best advocate against ingnorance, you must begin by informing yourself first.

It is clear that you have a lot of frustration, anger, and bitterness with your community, the school system, the court system, and this country. You have asked for advice on an internet website where any stranger can give you their opinion. Many have. If you are looking for like-minded people, or those facing similar circumstances, I suggest finding a support group. Mental Health Associations will often have groups for parents of children who have found themselves entangled in the court system. They can also make appropriate referrals for resources to help you address your sons needs and your concerns.

No contributors to this website can change this situation for you. I'm sure you are first and foremost concerned with seeing to the best interests of your child and not so much trying to take on the insurmountable task of fixing this society which most would agree is fraught with problems. Stay focused on your son. Don't allow yourself to be distracted by trying to change the opinions of others right now -- particularly when those others are in positions of authority and will only regard your hostility as further justification for their ill opinion of you and your family.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jun 11, 2007, 10:55 AM
    If all that you say is true why have you not contacted the ACLU, after all they help minorities that have been wrongly accused and they can help you and your son out. Also if everyone in town new that the kid that your son was hanging out with was a bad kid then why did you let him hang out with him, my 15 year old hangs out with kids his age the oldest kid he is allowed to be with is a 16 year old and that depends on what I know about them. Also we have ways to check out people on the computer.. you should try and use trhat.. (I do) also I saw that you said your son had a mental impairment.. then maybe you could enlist the help of the people for americans with disablities and see what happens. Also you could get rid of some of the intense anger that you have, because that is not helping your case out. And I was once told by a very wise person " to choose my fights wisely" everything is not worth fighting over. But this is something that you are going to have to use a clear and logical mind in order to help your son. Good luck
    mysonneil Posts: 24, Reputation: 0

Jun 11, 2007, 01:15 PM
    Thanks again for advice, everyone...
    My son IS Spanish, his grandfather came over from Spain when he was 9. My son is always called a mexican instead of an American although he WAS born here and legally by both parents! This is why I make this point so vivid... no one calls him AN AMERICAN! So I do make it clear that he is of Spanish descent, even though his own father WAS born in mexico, his grandfather and him were not. Yet because of all the hate this country has against the illegals in this country whom are not WHITE illegals (such as all the ones we have up north here that take all the summer jobs away from the local kids for less money yet no one says a word about THEM because they ARE WHITE ILLEGALS) my son has had to bear the brunt of it, so we make it VERY clear he is a Spanish-American and vice versa for all the idiots who we are surrounded by up here in bigotland. Yes, I get angry like anyone else, I am human, and especially when supposed ADULTS treat children badly because of their COLOR . IT is totally uncalled for, and no one gives a darn about it. IT discusts me, and I am only ashamed of my own race...
    I may have had a stroke and cannot figure all things out anymore and unable now to assist him moneywise, yet I will take the best care of him emotionally possible to make sure he gets through this and a future that is hopefully better for our children if we open our selfish eyes up now...
    rachel101 Posts: 77, Reputation: 19

Mar 20, 2008, 06:55 PM
    Hey Neils Mom,
    Okay I'll give you my qualifications to answer this. I'm 53 and about as square as they come but if you pulled my criminal record you would see about 12 convictions for burglary. I told my mom all sorts of stories too and it was about 20 years before she finally understood that I was a bad kid because I was messed up... it wasn't because I ran w/a bad bunch. I choose my friends based on the activities I wanted to be involved with. I was never innocent but it was really hard for my mom to comprehend that I was capable of the things I did. So first of all please stop believing your kid is so innocent. Innocent good 15 year old don't watch houses being broken into for any reason. Also NOBODY breaks into a house and doesn't take anything unless they were scared away before they had the chance.

I spent 20 years in and out of courts sometimes w/paid atty. Sometimes w/public defender and now I live in a really small town and I am continually SHOCKED at the level of racism that is thriving in this town. Racism against everything that's not white/christian so I know racism is alive and thriving particularly in small town America and maybe that is what's going on or maybe it is a little racism and a little guilt on your sons part. I also think with the meth usage in small towns the police force is fed up with the break ins etc. and they really don't mess around and always error on the side of enforcing.

Your boy is going to court. Get a good atty. You need a local atty. Someone who actually plays golf with the DA or the Judge. Don't bring someone in from outside who doesn't know the players. If you can prove your boy was in one place while a crime was committed another place you will need to provide his atty. With any proof you can come up with. Phone records whatever. If it means hiring a private detective do it. Who cares if someone gets attitude over you hiring an atty. ARe you sure the attitude you sensed wasn't more about you refusing to believe he may have had something to do with this? It's to the point now where his innocence or guilt will be decided in court and his side will be presented by his atty. When you say he is innocent you are just a mom who doesn't believe her kid could do this. When others in the neighborhood say they saw this or that, it has a little more credence but it is still simply a speculation.

But I have to tell you until the first phone call my mom got from me saying I was in jail, well prior to that I got caught cutting school once but I still brought home great grades and was considered a good kid. She had no idea how many things I did and didn't get caught so she thought I was a good kid but I was the one burglarizing all the homes in our neighborhood.

It might not really be fair for me to respond because I couldn't read through all the posts you have received but I read the first two pages and I think you should focus your energy on proving your sons innocence. Personally from what you said on the first page of posts I don't he didn't know what was going on but that's just my opinion.

I hope this works out well for you, I hope he's found innocent and yes innocent people do go to jail. I've never known one personally but I believe it happens.

Mar 24, 2008, 06:10 PM
    Thanks for input everyone, I understand this town better than most and an outside atty is what I did need! My son got 30 days for watching a friend break into a place and was too afraid to tell, but when asked he did tell the truth and they still wouldn't believe him! He told them the truth the first time when they were very young, he wasn't afraid because I as a parent taught him to always tell the truth and then things won't get worse for you, if you tell the truth, no lies can be used against you. Geez, how wrong our society has gotten! The police twist everything, just to blame it on a couple of kids, so they get the money and the neighbors think they've done all they are paid to do. And why do the police get away with this? Because Americans are too chicken to do something about it anymore. My own home was broken into also, but would they believe it? Would they use that? Hell no, the jerks. My friends and I saw several shady characters scoping out our neighborhood just before all these incidents happened, I kept my daughter away from the road all summer because of it, did they mention that? No.
    My son was at his dads for easter with his aunt, and they tried to say he was there robbing other houses with this other boy ON THAT DAY! Did they enter that into evidence? NO. Did they tell my neighbors that the other boy had a history with his brothers of other crimes? No. Did they tell the court that this boy was 20 yrs old and my son was only just turning 15. No. ( I thought this boy just turned 18 myself)
    Did the police have any evidence that my son was ever in another home let alone the one he watched that boy break into. No. Did they tell the court, that in order to hide the stuff the other boy would steal, that he would just Give these items to my son as a gift, saying that they were old things that were replaced by new things they got so they didn't want them anymore? No. Did they even ask us if we would like to have Our witnesses there to testify? No. And why in the heck did they supoena my son to testify against the boy and tell all he knew, And THEN RETRACT IT and tell him he didn't need to.? I'll tell you why... this is a racist country and it always will be until the old farts die off... then our children, with the grace and good sense they are taught by the new generation x parents such as I, will someday change all the nonsense into a better LOVING world in which to live and maybe I WILL live to see it... :rolleyes: The TRUTH is the only thing the devil Cannot overcome! Long live the Justice of the One Above that we all try to Love in Return! WHAT GOES AROUND WILL COME AROUND, AND ALL THOSE TRULY GUILTY OF CRIMES AGAINST OTHERS, WILL NOT SEE HIM ! God Bless the innocence of our children, they should not suffer so because of our ignorance... (and God save the Mother Earth from their plunder!)
    rachel101 Posts: 77, Reputation: 19

Mar 24, 2008, 07:33 PM
    Got news for you Neil's mom... those old farts were around in the 60's and I said the same thing. Oh just wait until my generation grows up and takes over... it will be all be different. Problem is the good guys don't make it into the real positions of power because they aren't willing to do what it takes... because they're good guys.
    Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely...
    You have the energy so now it's your turn to change the world. I did as much as I could while I had the energy now it's all I can do to just keep my own backyard clean.

Mar 26, 2008, 04:23 PM
    Hi Rachel,

I know, I know... we learn so much and then never get the chance to use it... Yet there are speakers who are going into the schools now to try and stop what starts in the home- Racism, and
    Someday ( and I'd freeze myself to see it! ) Someday... will be gone and the memory of it will be some other poor kids/smart kids history assignment for the weeks homework! LOL!
    Thanks everyone on here for getting me through this, I am a loner myself, always did everything on my own, raised myself, etc... and anyone's opinions were greatly appreciated!
    Now I have to get through the $3,000.00 fine the COUNTY gets for "including my son in his so called, without evidence, crime... NOW HE KNOWS BETTER, NEVER GET TOO CLOSE TO OTHERS, and what a hard lesson that is... in this day & age, to hold so true...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Theft under $5000. 2nd time. But 1st time since 18th [ 4 Answers ]

Hey all, So basically the story goes like this: In April of 2006, I was arrested for theft under $5000 for car prowling in a neighborhood and some alleyways. I was 17 at the time. We got caught with $1500 worth of golf clubs in the back of my dads car. Needless to say, my dad was pissed....

Fraud under 5000$ 1st time? [ 2 Answers ]

Embarrassed to say, my boyfriend (20) and I (19) were caught in the Bay switching 10$ earrings with 20$ ones.. we paid the 10$.. and then we were caught by two sercurity guards. We are banned from the Bay for a year.. Then they called the cops and we were charged with fraud under 5000$... This...

New Mother, 1st thing is how much should I be feeding my 10 week old son? [ 4 Answers ]

I am a new mother and I have a 10 weeks old son he is 22 1/2" long and weighs 9# and 10Oz's... how many ounces should I be feeding him... he is on enfamil a.r. lipil... and how ofter should I feed him, please help any advice would be helpful I am a new mother and don't want to do things wrong......

1st Time Sex Pain [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, Im 18, and I'm about to have sex with my boyfriend for the 1st time. I love him and for the last 2 years he has completely respected my choice to be a virgin and now I want to give myself to him. Im not looking to have a crazy sexual experience my 1st time just me and him. Im very worried about...

1st time buyer [ 2 Answers ]

I & my boyfriend are about to buy our 1st house together & as I'm out of work at the moment he is securing the mortgage, can anyone tell me what paper work I have to have my name on to make sure the house is in both our names ? I just want to keep myself right. Thanks:)

View more questions Search