Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fix-what-you-broke Posts: 305, Reputation: 61

May 14, 2007, 03:37 PM
    Its gone from one extreme to the other!
    We have a year old kitten, he has been spayed, and after the last trip to the vets, we were told he is fit and well.
    We have always had a problem with his litter box/training etc. when we got him we were told he was litter trained, we got him when he was 12 weeks old and he settled in well.
    Long story short, at first he refused to go in his tray at all, if he was outside he would hold himself until he got in the house then he would pee all over the floor. Never even NEAR his tray.
    We tried a few different brands of litter and he was never happy with any of them. Somebody suggested using compost and it worked!
    He has been using the tray for a few months now. The only thing is this.
    We will come down in the morning and everything he did in the tray will be all over the floor, he tends to throw everything out of it.
    It has gotten to the point now where we are finding bits of compost and waste on the OTHER side of the room, a long way away from the tray.
    It is always kept clean,and we haven't changed our cleaning products etc.
    We just want to come down one morning and not have to brush the entire floor all the time, we put paper under the tray but it does no good.
    mrscoltweaver Posts: 240, Reputation: 20

May 15, 2007, 12:25 PM
    Do you have a covered litter box with a flap he has to go through? That might do it. Also, face the opening of the box towards a wall-just leave enough room for him to get in and out. You'll have to put him in it when you get it set up to show him what it is.
    Good luck-sounds like you've got a spirited fellow!
    faithnsar Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

May 16, 2007, 05:51 PM
    Also when you do that, try to put a piece or two of his mess in the box after you change the litter. If he smells it, it may encourage him to go in there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Extreme depression over best friend [ 1 Answers ]

This one is complicated. I felt I had to do something because I can't go on like this forever. I'm 19 (a guy) and I have a best buddy, who's 15, (I'm his bst buddy too) and recently, I've started to become a little possessive. I love him a lot, but he pissess me off so badly... gets drunk at my...

Extreme dizziness [ 3 Answers ]

Okay, I am a smoker, have been for almost two years and I am ready to quit. I have tried going cold turkey, but I always start again, after a week or so. I have tried the patch and the gum, to no avail. Every time I smoke a cigarette, I get really dizzy and my body feels like it weighs a ton. I...

Extreme diet [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there.. :) I just want to ask is what is the most effective way of losing weight?

Extreme dizziness [ 2 Answers ]

I woke up last night and the room was spinning very fast closed my eyes went back to sleep woke up again same thing.when I got up this morning it was, was it a ream or did that really happen? I was sitting eating my breakfast and I got dizzy not a dream I thought. I went into my bedroom and about...

Extreme worry. [ 5 Answers ]

Can you worry about something so much that you physically make it happen to yourself Like mentally? Or physically?

View more questions Search