Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    get funded inc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2007, 02:01 PM
    How soon Can One Refinance
    Hello, We are one month In our new single family home, In Los Angeles, CA. We are first time home buyers. We will need some additional cash to pay for repairs and upgrades.
    Our Loan Was for 700K and the value of our property is at 835K.
    We would like to know How soon can we refinance to cash out?

Thanks
    Dr D Posts: 698, Reputation: 127

May 14, 2007, 03:55 PM
    In your situation I would absolutely advise against a refinance. Unless your loan has a prepayment penalty, you can refinance at any time. Generally, a cash out refi in the first year is based on the acquisition cost or the appraised value, whichever is lower. After a year it is based on the appraisal. Right now your loan is at 84% LTV. The maximum cash out is 90%LTV, meaning that your new loan would be limited to $751,500. After paying closing costs (again), you won't net much. Your best bet is to get a Home Equity Line Of Credit (HELOC) from your bank or credit union. Don't get it from a mortgage company. Most banks will pay ALL of your closing costs. If you have 720+ FICO scores you might be looking at Prime Rate (now at 8.25%)+ .5% for a 90% CLTV, or Prime + 1.5% for 100% CLTV. If your scores are lower, the add ons will be more. I hope this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My ex won't refinance his car [ 1 Answers ]

I have been divorced for over 2 years. The divorce decree stated that he is responsible for his car, and I'm responsible for mine. I have refinance my car (so only my name is on it), but he has not. His car still has my name and his name. I have contacted the finance company, but they say there...

How soon can I refinance [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I would like to know how soon can you refinance once you purchase a property. I have heard different answers; one being you can refinance the next day, four to six months, once your credit score is higher. I currently have a ARMS loan and would like to know how soon can I refinance.

Refinance [ 2 Answers ]

Our 1rst mortgage is a 5 yr ARM which will expire in about a year and a half. Our house has increased in value approx. 150 - 200 thousand $s. We bought it for 280 and owe about 195. We owe about 39 on our home equity loan. We want to pay this off, and we are in need of approx 75 thousand more....

Should I Refinance [ 1 Answers ]

Work's been tough the past year and I got behind on my mortgage as well as evey other bill. I HAVE ABOUT $35,000 WORTH OF EQUITY in my home. I was wanting to cash out $25,000.00 to catch up and finish a few projects around the house. Here's my problem. I've shopped around and since I've been...

View more questions Search