Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Happy 1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2007, 12:56 PM
    When a friendship goes to far
    Does anyone think that it's normal for a married man who's 35 to have a frienship with a 20 year old co worker girl for them to text page one another and call each other, also when the wife goes to the job and then she sees his wife and she gets very upset and storms out of the job and slams her car door and takes off like a lunatic on the job's lot
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

May 14, 2007, 12:59 PM
    35 year old man (married) + 20 year old GIRL (coworker) = nothing but trouble
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

May 14, 2007, 01:06 PM
    Only question is if the trouble has already happened. I would highly suspect they are more than friends and are probably "dating".

You don't mention if this is happening to you or someone you know but I think your just refusing to see that they are closer than friends and may be having sex.
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

May 14, 2007, 01:34 PM
    I say it is bad news. But that is just me not giving the hot mama and the sugar daddie the benefit of the doubt!
    gypsy456 Posts: 319, Reputation: 48

May 14, 2007, 05:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy 1
    Does anyone think that it's normal for a married man who's 35 to have a frienship with a 20 year old co worker girl for them to text page one another and call each other, also when the wife goes to the job and then she sees his wife and she gets very upset and storms out of the job and slams her car door and takes off like a lunatic on the job's lot
    No, I do not think that is normal.
    It is certainly unhealthy in my opinion.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 14, 2007, 06:55 PM
    Normal, yes normal for a man who is having an affair with the younger girl, and it is very common.
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

May 14, 2007, 08:16 PM
    Normal , I wouldn't say so, most likely he's missing something and he's trying to get it through her, he also likes that attention from someone else.
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2007, 12:16 PM
    If I were seeing the situation that you are describing, I'd think that they were having an affair already...
    The girl wouldn't be acting so jealous and crazy if they just had a business relationship.
    Nervous_Nellie Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2007, 09:00 PM
    This sounds messy from several angles. The married/single part, the age difference (although this isn't terrible), but the CO-WORKER part is troublesome to me. Could be a sexual harassment or inappropriate relationship case in the making.

Not sure what your role in it is, but I'd be cautious if you are involved or if you are associated with either party.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 24, 2007, 07:19 AM
    A lot of red flags waving. Not good or healthy, and Highly, I repeat HIGHLY suspicous. A good honest talk is necessary.
    lilgirl16 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2008, 09:25 AM

I think it`s normal to have a friend. I think the wife is just jelous. U`re 35 it means that u are one step closer to the forties crises. Choose who u like more(ifa friendship goes to far)-wife or that girl who can exchange u for a younger guy. But on the other hand if u have olny friendly relationship then I think u have to explain it to your wife and if she loves u she`ll understand u :)
    Melhoneybee Posts: 46, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2009, 03:28 PM

Being friends is acceptable... BUT I MEAN JUST FRIENDS, and there is a limit to how far it goes with out it seeing not like a friendship.
    If your married there should be an ideal amount of space, and I'm sorry but the line may have been crossed so to speak...
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2009, 09:13 PM

Obviously the storming off and so on are not normal under any circumstances. If they work together, that's enough contact. If they are texting or calling too, that's out of bounds.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What do I do about a competing friendship? [ 3 Answers ]

My friends and I get along well it seems, but we are in a constant silent competition. Someone always has to be better at anything we do. We don't play sports or anything, mainly just online games. It's getting to the point where we feel worthless if we aren't the best or among the best. It also...

Friendship questions [ 8 Answers ]

Hi before I start I will say that I don't know what catogery to put this in because it is a mixture so I put it in here as we are both teens - I am 14 he is 19. Please can a mod/admin whatever move it if its in wrong area. Basically one of the people at school I get on quite well with - it...

Friendship Cake [ 6 Answers ]

I have recipe for Friendship Cake but I don't have any starter anymore, Does anyone know how to make it? This is a great cake to give on the holidays. I sure would be thankful! Carol:D

Did I screw Up our friendship? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello everyone, first off I just want to say that I'm really happy that there is a website here that people can ask for advice.. it gives people a different look at things.. whether they take your advice or not.. its good to here someone's opinion.. On with me story I go... My friends...

View more questions Search