Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    valleycem Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2005, 10:22 AM
    Co signing on a loan
    I'm not sure to do about this one so seeking some advice. My brother called me and asked if I would co sign on a loan for his girlfriend, who is buying a new horse. It is about $9,500. They have been going out for about a year now and have had some problems, but she is really nice, though I don't know her super well because I only see her maybe once a week/every two weeks. I just don't want to be responsible for anything if she wasn't able to pay. My brother would co sign for her but he doesn't have any credit. He said that he is filling out a joint loan with her, so that I would just be "vouching" for her, but he'd be responsible if anything happened. She is currently selling the horse she owns now and hopes to get about $9,500 for it and would use that to pay off the loan. I know what my parents would say, not to do it, because they are so hesitant about stuff like this. I don't really have a problem helping out but I have never done anything like this so I'm a bit unsure. Any advice?
    rougha Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2005, 02:52 PM
    Co-sign loan for your brother's girlfriend
    I wouldn't do it... are you nuts?? Why would you put yourself in that situation?? I mean if you were doing it for your brother and his WIFE & you trust him enough then okay fine.. but his girlfriend!!
    Just because she's a nice person doesn't mean she is responsible.
    She must not have enough credit or she might have bad credit (don't mark my words) because she needs a co-signer but for a horse!! She should be stable enough to buy it without a co-siginer. What a bad choice...

IF YOU WANT MY ADVICE DON'T GET YOURSELF INTO THAT SITUATION!

People don't give a crap about other people's credit.
    Think about that house you would one day want to purchase.
    I hope you don't do it if you do just think of your credit report

SPEAKING FROM EXPERIENCE
    Good luck/
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2005, 11:59 AM
    $9,500
    Hi,
    Co-Sign a loan for that much money?? She is really nice? Prisons are full of people who use to be "nice" at one time!
    Sure, go ahead, if you have a lot of money in the first place, and don't mind not getting paid back.
    Sure, if you're not going to miss that much money, do it.
    Otherwise, don't even think about it again.
    Best of luck,
    fredg

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Contract signing [ 3 Answers ]

Hello everyone, Can some one give me some advice on contract signing. If you have signed a contract, what can exempt you from signing is mental health one.:confused:

Signing Bonus and State Taxes [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am currently at school in Illinois. In summer 2005, I interned at a firm in New York City. After my summer, the firm offered me a job (that I accepted) and the terms include a healthy signing bonus. Thus my W2 shows a consolidated number that includes my stipend for the summer and my...

Getting a loan [ 5 Answers ]

I have bad credit but I have been at my job for 5 years now is there any company out there that would be willing to give me a personal loan or does anyone know of any way or anyone that would be willing to finance me. Right now I really need a loan. Will someone please help me

Signing a document under false pretense [ 5 Answers ]

My fiancé is having a custody issue with her ex husband. Currently they share custody 50/50. They found out that he owed her about $12,000 in back child support so he agreed to go to a mediator and give her the majority of the custody time if she did not go after back support. He would not go to...

Can a married person buy real estate with out their spouse signing. [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to know if a married person can buy real estate with out having their spouse signing the contracts?

View more questions Search