Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Burd Posts: 60, Reputation: 3

May 14, 2007, 03:23 AM
    Eviction by parent?
    Can Your Own Parents Evict You From Your Own Home?
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

May 14, 2007, 05:18 AM
    Now you have asked for an answer without providing the background. So the answer will be yes or no, depending on circumstances.

1. Is this your own home or your parent's home?
    2. How old are you?
    3. What reasons are your parents giving for your eviction?
    4. Any other details would be helpful here.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 14, 2007, 05:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Burd
    Can Your Own Parents Evict You From Your Own Home?
    As shy indicated the answer depends on several factors. But the bottomline is; unless your name is in the deed, its not "Your" home, its theirs. Therefore, if you are over 18 they can kick you out anytime they want to. If you have been paying them rent, you could be considered a tenant and local eviction rules apply, but that only specifies how they get you out, not if they can.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 14, 2007, 05:55 AM
    No they cannot kick you out of YOUR house, they can kick you out of their house.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Any parent out there? [ 6 Answers ]

My husband and I are married and have four children. We both parents working but always manage for one of us to be home when the children get home from school or the grandparents. My children age are 14, 12, 10 and 6. Last night, I found my oldest daughter locked herself in the bathroom and was...

Being a step parent [ 4 Answers ]

I need Help and or advice on being in a relationship and living with a man that I love who has three children. I have known him for 10 years and have lived with and helped support his children for 3 years while he was finishing college. His ex (not divirced yet) has been running around on him for...

License to parent [ 1 Answers ]

Are there any case laws or bills referring to potential parents being required to have a license to parent prior to having children?

Parent incarcerated [ 3 Answers ]

Can rights be taken from a parent if they are in jail?

Kentucky eviction law motion for eviction [ 8 Answers ]

Hi I really need help I bought a house for 30,000 from a lady we have just a one simple page contract basically states I paid 15000.00 dollars down In April 05' and then make payments of 400.00 a month for 36 months Contract has no sell as is in it because at time of sale we the lady homeowner...

View more questions Search