Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Burd Posts: 60, Reputation: 3

May 14, 2007, 03:00 AM
    Changing break pad for car
    Hi,

I'm driving a volkswagen polo 2001 and I've tired to change the brake pads on the car, I managed to change one of the break pads but I can't manage to open the other allen key on the other one and the boring hole of the allen key on the break pad is really worn away.

Currently I'm driving on one new break pad and one old one? Is this safe?

And how can I open the allen key on the break pad if the notches have been worn away?

Thanks.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

May 14, 2007, 07:38 AM
    If car doesn't pull, and doesn't squeal(worn out) should be OK until you use "Easy Out" to remove bad allen screw.Auto parts store should have a set. Less than 5 or $10.
    Don't for get to purchase new allen screw. Save removed screw for thread size.
    PB Blaster is a good penetrant, can only help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pad lock [ 2 Answers ]

Hi every one I am new and I have a small question that I can't figure out I have a pad lock and I don't no witch way to tern the dials can you help me please it's a 4 digit

Changing Break Pads [ 2 Answers ]

How do I change my break pads?

Garage pad [ 5 Answers ]

Building garage pads

Ibm think pad [ 3 Answers ]

I can't fiind a better video driver 4 win 98se I have one vftprw8m it doesn't work, I really need another , this driver runs at 16 color , I need better, plsssss help me

Detached garage pad [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to get some information on building a garage starting with the Pad. I am planning on building a 22X26 detached garage. The rough grade was completed about 4 months ago. It is a clay base with no topsoil added yet. Should I get a bobcat in to remove a couple inches or just pack down...

View more questions Search