Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jennforschler Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2005, 08:07 AM
    No Cold Water Pressure - Hot works great!
    Usually I know it's the other way around but in our house we have really low water pressure.. but only with the cold. The most noticeable effect is when we try to use the kitchen sprayer with the cold water and it just dribbles out. When we use it with the hot, it works fine. What could be wrong and how can we fix it?

Jenn
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 23, 2005, 11:49 AM
    No Cold Water Pressure - Hot works great!
    Quote Originally Posted by jennforschler
    Usually I know its the other way around but in our house we have really low water pressure.. but only with the cold. The most noticable effect is when we try to use the kitchen sprayer with the cold water and it just dribbles out. When we use it with the hot, it works fine. What could be wrong and how can we fix it?

Jenn
    Hi Jenn,

One handle or two knobs on your faucet? What's the brand? You have some trash or crud that is either in the cold water ports of a cartridge or blocking the seat of the cold water side of the valve. To be more specific and give you instructions I will have to know the brand and the approximate age of your faucet. I'll wait on your reply. Tom
    jennforschler Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2005, 06:52 PM
    It's a moen and I believe it was installed in 1993. My boyfriend bought the house is 1999 and he hasn't done anything to it since. It has 2 handles one hot, one cold. Please help! Also.. I am completely new at this home owner/fixing thing so be specific!! LOL

Thank you so much for your time!
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Apr 23, 2005, 08:58 PM
    Shut the water off to the cold. There may be a couple of stops under the sink. Or you may not have anything except the main valve at the pressure tank or meter. If you have to close that, cut the power to the hot water tank or turn it to pilot.

Pry off the plastic cap that says ''C''. Unscrew the screw under it and pull the knob off. There should be a big nut. Unscrew it, and pull the stem and all out. Clean off any crud you see. Also briefly open and quickly close the valve you closed. This will cause water to spurt out the hole you left washing any crud back in the line out. It may make a mess too. Carefully put everything back like it was. Turn the water back on. You may need to remove the sprayer too, and give it a shot of water making another mess. Once everything is working and not leaking, turn the hot water heater back on. If this doesn't work, post back and Tom or I will do out best to help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No pressure to cold water in bathtub [ 5 Answers ]

Hi! I had a Moen Faucet connected in my wife's tub about a year ago. It's been working great but the last three weeks or so It seems the cold water pressure is dropping dramatically. Hot water runs fine. This is the only faucet in the house that has this problem. I've already cleaned the aerator...

Low cold water pressure in half of house [ 1 Answers ]

I've been installing insulation under my house - there's a narrow crawlspace, so I'm sure I've knocked something about. When I got out, I had no cold water coming to our washing machine and the water pressure in the kitchen is extremely low. Here's the weird part, the hot water works in the washing...

Cold Water Pressure [ 5 Answers ]

I have no cold water pressure in my bathtub faucet. I live in an older house which seems to have been built by a couple of guys in their spare time. I don't know anything about plumbing. I read some posts water pressure but was pretty confused. Is there some kind of cartridge I have to clean? ...

Hot & Cold Water Pressure An Issue [ 3 Answers ]

We recently bought a house. Our water pressure is terrible and the hot water is even worse. :( (Basically dribbles out.) Are the two problems correctable by adjusting the "cut-in, cut-out" pressure? The well is about 50 feet from the house. Pressure tank inside the house in the basement which is...

No cold water pressure in kitchen [ 2 Answers ]

We just moved in a month ago and from the beginning and the water pressure on the cold water side in the kitchen faucet is very low. The hot water is normal and all the other faucets seem to have normal pressure. Any suggestions?

View more questions Search