Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sunshine2 Posts: 70, Reputation: 11

May 13, 2007, 09:04 PM
    My Dryer is possessed
    I have a dryer that has worked in another location, at my old apartment. I moved it back into my current house and it now takes 2-3hours to dry a load of clothes. My other dryer did the same thing. It vents right outside the house. Anyone have a clue what the problem could be? Duke Power wants their energy back!
    whiteladybug2002 Posts: 235, Reputation: 36

May 13, 2007, 09:10 PM
    Oh no! I had a possessed dryer before and it sucks! The door on my dryer door kept popping open through out the drying time, so it took hours to dry it. I hated it!

It could be the heat element in your dryer that is causing the problem though. If your dryer isn't getting warm, then that is probably what it is?

Good Luck and God Loves You!
    hvacservicetech_07 Posts: 1,083, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2007, 09:17 PM
    Is it possible that the vent is plugged? Try going to the vent opening on the outside of the house and check for lint build up. This is a very common problem, I usually have to clean mine 2 or 3 times a year.

May 13, 2007, 09:22 PM
    Is the inside drum actually spinning around the clothes?

May 13, 2007, 09:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteladybug2002
    Is the inside drum actually spinning around the clothes??
    How do you know for sure?
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2007, 09:30 PM
    I would think you'd be able to hear it spinning, I'd still check the vent.
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

May 13, 2007, 09:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine2
    I have a dryer that has worked in another location, at my old apartment. I moved it back into my current house and it now takes 2-3hours to dry a load of clothes. My other dryer did the same thing. It vents right outside the house. Anyone have a clue what the problem could be? Duke Power wants their energy back!
    Maybe you are not doing it right. Try following the directions. Tell me if this looks familiar.

Name:  The whole enchilada 083.gif
Views: 238
Size:  22.5 KB

May 13, 2007, 09:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3046
    Maybe you are not doing it right. Try following the directions. Tell me if this looks familiar.

Name:  The whole enchilada 083.gif
Views: 238
Size:  22.5 KB
    Oh yeah, that makes sense.

May 14, 2007, 02:40 PM
    To check to see if it is spinning, I would put something in there that would make a loud sound when it does, like shoes or a coin.
    LordLethal Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

May 15, 2007, 06:06 PM
    Make sure your vent is not kinked

May 15, 2007, 06:37 PM
    Thanks for the input. It is turning, heating, and not kinked. I did hear a loud noise coming from my laudry area today. Maybe there is an animal in the vent??
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2007, 07:21 PM
    Have you checked outside for lint buildup?

May 16, 2007, 01:36 AM
    Thanks for the input. it is turning, heating, and not kinked. I did hear a loud noise coming from my laudry area today. Maybe there is an animal in the vent???
    El rateo Name:  The whole enchilada 065.gif
Views: 91
Size:  38.6 KB

May 16, 2007, 01:41 AM
    Thanks for the input. it is turning, heating, and not kinked. I did hear a loud noise coming from my laudry area today. Maybe there is an animal in the vent???
    U need a cat Name:  The whole enchilada 116.gif
Views: 95
Size:  14.8 KB

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blower on furnace is possessed - turns on by itself [ 15 Answers ]

The blower on my Goodman gas furnace came on all by itself tonight? Every 5-10 minutes the blower turns on for approx 1 minute then turns off by itself. Then the cycle repeats. I verified that the thermostat is in the off position (no heat/no cool) and that the fan switch was set to auto. I...

Dryer dial won't spin and dryer won't shut off [ 2 Answers ]

Kenmore 90 series dyer... where ever you set the timer dial, it stays put and never shuts off automatically. You have to turn if off manually. The dryer ran all night last night and continues to have the problem today. My question... can we fix the dial ourselves or do we need a repair guy? And...

Help! My daughter is possessed by my exwife! [ 15 Answers ]

In 1998, my exwife, and I divorced, and she promptly relocated to Germany. I was so relieved that she was gone, but the court awarded her temporary full custody of our 3 year old daughter prior to her departure. After 5 years of limited parenting time, due to the great distance, she, (for lack of a...

Possessed light on fan [ 1 Answers ]

My 2 year old Hampton Bay fan has recently been experiencing spooky behavior. For no apparent reason, the lights will come on, without us touching anything. At first they would come on the brightest (they are on a dimmer, by remote.) but now they come on only on the dimmest setting. It happens...

View more questions Search